The IT Help Desk Associate provides technical end-user support to a variety of employees, teams and executives. This position is the initial point of contact for technical support requests received by phone, e-mail or other methods. This position is responsible for installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading hardware and other IT equipment to ensure optimal performance. The successful candidate must provide quality support to end users with high degree of customer satisfaction in a timely manner by taking ownership of requests, utilizing their technical knowledge, resulting in resolution, delegation, or coordination of efforts with IT management.
- Serve as a first point of contact to end users by responding to technical assistance requests by phone, email, or in person.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues. Follow established procedures to resolve user issues.
- Assist with the deployment/upgrading of laptops, PCs, tablets, and other devices
- Perform onsite and remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and asking pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details
- Walk the user/employee through the problem-solving process
- Escalate unresolved issues to a senior IT resource
- Keep accurate documentation pertaining to resolutions and root cause analyses
- Follow-up and update IT requests with status updates and accurate notes
- Associate degree (or relevant course work), preferably in a computer science or related technology field
- A+ Certified - Preferred
- Solid knowledge and experience troubleshooting, fixing, upgrading and repairing Microsoft Windows desktops, laptops, printers and copy/scan/print/fax multifunction devices.
- Understanding of networking principles
- Understanding of Microsoft Operating Systems
- Active Directory experience, a plus
- Office 365 administration experience, a plus
- Clear verbal communication skills and ability to give and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly and professional manner.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently, find solutions to problems, and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
- Occasional lifting of computer and electronic equipment up to 35 pounds, climb ladder, crawl under desks and in tight spaces.
- Must be able to support remote users