Come work in a company with an inclusive culture of collaboration. We offer excellent opportunities to grow professionally and learn alongside professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are located at the corner of Cesar Chavez & Valencia streets in San Francisco (just 2 blocks from BART and 5-10 minutes away from 101 & 280 with parking spots available).
We are not a typical IT company. Our endeavor is to create a culture of autonomy, diversity, and inclusion that engenders happy employees who feel valued, work with the company rather than for it and use cool tech to make an impact in the lives of our clients as well as the larger community.
- We have a unique and eclectic company culture that is built around our values of teamwork, collaboration, continuous improvement, and communication.
- The GOOD NEWS is we are growing, and the BETTER NEWS is you will grow with us.
- We heavily rely on the same technology and concepts in our own business that we recommend to our customers. So you will always have opportunities to learn new things.
We are looking for a full-time IT Consultant (IT Help Desk Consultant) who loves solving problems, is patient with people, and is eager to learn.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
As a member of the Jones IT Family, you will take on a wide variety of tasks and projects, often involving client interactions.
- You will listen to client issues to document and coordinate a timely resolution.
- You will assist clients with their support requests and will be responsible for seeing the issue through to resolution or coordinating the resources necessary to achieve that goal. This may involve diagnosing and resolving an issue or escalating tickets to colleagues and Team Leaders.
- You will diagnose and resolve desktop, software, and network problems related to functionality, connectivity, management, and monitoring, or other software and hardware problems.
- You will partner with members of the Jones IT Team to proactively collect and share experiences/tools/information that will aid in maximizing the value of efficiency and teamwork for our company and all of our clients.
- You will document solutions and procedures.
- You are able to absorb new knowledge and apply them to solve problems.
- You are able to collaborate well in a team environment.
- You are sensitive to clients' needs and able to develop warm client relationships.
- You are able to explain technical issues to non-technical people in simple language.
- You are able to manage a variety of tasks, technical as well as administrative, at one time.
- You have good written and verbal communication skills.
- You give attention to detail.
- You possess some knowledge of operating systems, desktop applications, email clients, and basic networking.
Education/Experience Nice-to-haves (Optional):
- 1-3 years of experience.
- College degree.
- Some Customer Service experience.
- Some experience with desktops, laptops, Macs, email, cloud services, malware/virus removal, and basic networking preferred.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary (starting $62,400 + $2,500 potential raise first 90 days + $7,500 promotion growth opportunities within the first year + $2,400 bonus for approved certifications)
- Generous P.T.O.
- Commuter benefits
- Possibility of some remote work
- Extensive training in tools of the trade and best practices
- Monthly Friday in-office breakfast from local chefs,
- And many other benefits...
About Jones IT:
We began our journey in 2002 when Evan Jones launched Jones IT Consulting along with his friends in his garage. Jones IT has since grown to become a trusted partner for over 200 businesses in San Francisco and beyond.
We have an ever-growing team of highly skilled engineers and consultants coming from diverse backgrounds, all very passionate about technology, and more importantly, we all believe in delivering service with a smile.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
COVID-19 VACCINATION NOTE: Given the nature of our business and onsite support services, new hires must be fully "up-to-date" on vaccines/boosters against COVID-19 within 30 days of hire. You are considered fully "up-to-date" on vaccines/boosters based on CDC guidance (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/stay-up-to-date.html). Reasonable accommodations will be provided to enable otherwise qualified individuals who cannot be vaccinated because of a disability or a religious reason.