Who We Are: Founded in 1957, The Spice House is a purveyor of the finest spices, herbs, blends and extracts. Our customers range from renowned Michelin-star chefs to home cooks everywhere. For over 60 years we have curated our global network of premium growers and distributors in order to offer our customers unrivaled quality and selection. Our goal is to be the trusted resource for fresh flavors and shared culinary experiences in kitchens around the world. We have been featured in The New York Times, Food & Wine and Bon Appetit and named a favorite by celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Alton Brown and Jesse Tyler Ferguson.
The Inventory Specialist wears many hats on the Inventory Team. They are in charge of receiving inventory when it enters the building, distributing and receiving inventory to and from production, cycle counting and managing all aspects of our labels including the counting of labels once they have been used, the organization of label space, and keeping electronic inventory and up to date. This role reports Inventory Supervisor.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a non-exempt, full time position. Standard work days are Monday through Friday, 7am to 3:30pm. All employees in this position must be available at their start time and available until the shift ends.
- Inventory Exchange
- Coordinating exchange of transfers between the inventory team and production.
- Coordinate with supervisors on creating/ordering material needed for exchange
- Assisting any employees with locating and returning inventory
- Addressing any mistakes or issues that arise from inventory cycle counts
- Cycle Counts
- Performing cycle counts for inventory including raw goods as needed
- Correctly documenting any changes to ensure inventory consistency
- Coordinate with supervisor on shipments received and entering receipts for any special circumstances that arise during this process
- Electronic Inventory
- Enter daily counts from labels returning to stock from production
- Communicate any issues with electronic inventory to the appropriate channels
- Minimum 1 year in manufacturing or inventory role preferred
- Strong Computer Skills and ability to read, write and count in English
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Physical ability to lift up to 50 pounds and sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and stand for extended periods of time.
- Forklift certification strongly preferred (or willingness to be certified)
- Valid US drivers license required and ability to pass a pre-employment background check
- Passion for food and flavor a must!
Why The Spice House:
- You can make a huge impact as a key member of an emerging brand that’s disrupting how consumers gain access to the freshest spices
- You will work with a group of passionate team members that are driven to help home cooks and professional chefs alike create delicious food with the highest quality ingredients
- You’ll join a company that is passionate about its people and their development, with opportunities for trainings and advancement
- Employee benefits* for full-time hourly employees include health, dental, vision, and life insurance after 90 days; 401K match, generous time off, spice education and free spices monthly (*Program and eligibility rules apply)