This position will contribute to the receiving and monitoring of inventory to meet demand forecasts and various corporate financial objectives. This responsibility requires a basic understanding of how to read production orders, attention to detail, and the ability to interact with all levels of personnel. Works under general supervision. Although the location of the position is in Sterling, VA from time to time it may be required to undertake duties at other Thorlabs locations.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Investigates and corrects inventory issues
- Executes transfers of product systematically as well as physically
- Processes physical inventory counts and perform reconciliations as needed
- Performs and review data entry in Axapta/Journals/Quarantines
- Picks journals requests
- Responsible for location set-up and layout of inventory materials within the BU
- Carries out cycle counting as needed
- Works closely with the buyers and planners from the various business units
- Recommends process improvement regarding policies & procedures to ensure adequate control of all purchases & inventories
- Cross trains in shipping, receiving & RAF
- Understand and process ECRO procedure within IC
- Monitor RAF process
- Coordinates and participates in the year end physical inventory process
- Some prior manufacturing experience with specialized background experience in inventory control.
- High School Diploma or equivalent or equivalent work experience
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Basic knowledge of the shipping pick list process.
- Familiarity with Axapta (or other ERP system) and RFSmart system.
- Outstanding attention to detail and strong ability to multitask.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with individuals at all levels or the company. Working with individuals from all departments is a daily requirement.
- Must be able to understand written work instructions.
- Basic mathematic and analytical skills are required.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.