INTERNAL CONTROLS OFFICER SENIOR
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Operational Risk Management (ORM) is responsible for providing independent and objective oversight of the management of risks arising from City National Bank's business processes, people, systems or external events. The Internal Controls team within ORM is responsible for providing governance and oversight to ensure CNB proactively manages its operational risks with a sound framework of internal controls. This includes oversight and independent challenge over the first line of defense Internal Controls Testing Framework, developing a common methodology and standards, executing independent testing of key operational controls, and conducting horizontal and targeted reviews, and issue management. The senior level is responsible for review and challenge self-assurance activities conducted by the front line to ensure compliance with Internal Controls Management Policy (ICMP) and Standard through ongoing assessment, monitoring, reporting and testing activities, including providing review and challenge to the outcomes of evidence-based control evaluation performed by the Control Testing Center of Excellence (CT COE).
Risk Management Division
This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization as a member of City National's Risk Management team. The focus is on ensuring business activities remain safe, compliant and well-positioned for future opportunity and sustainable growth.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
* Lead and supervise targeted consultative and advisory engagements on design and operational effectiveness of control management practices, including timely planning, execution, and reporting.
* Review and challenge the nature, timing, and extent of self-assurance activities planned and conducted by the first line of defense (1LOD) business groups and CT COE, including the completeness, accuracy, adequacy, and appropriateness of the control information and ratings captured in the centralized control inventory and Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA)
* Provides governance and oversight of the control inventory, control taxonomy, including data accuracy and completeness. Supports Enterprise Risk Internal Control (ERIC) roll-out, implementation and ongoing technical support
* Produce ongoing reporting including aggregate controls reporting, testing results, KPI/KRIs, program compliance, committee, and regulatory updates
* Supports the development of the 2LOD controls management Annual Testing Plan and Schedule, including facilitating the ongoing monitoring and tracking of Plan completion
* Provides timely reviews and feedback on work performed by Internal Controls consultants, including ensuring work is produced and documented in alignment with ICMP quality and content requirements or other requirements and ready for review by testing managers
* Perform annual refresh of ICM Policy and Standard. Develops 2LOD control management guidance, procedures, and templates to ensure quality standards are met
* Exercises independent judgment in identifying and assessing risk
* Prepares, reviews, and presents control testing results to all levels of first line and risk management clearly, including outlining the risk of control deficiencies
* Ensures issues are identified and documented appropriately and escalated to appropriate leadership
* Participates in the drafting of engagement reports as well as issues and recommendations to be presented to the business for control deficiencies
* Supervises, coaches and develops Internal Control consultants and provides training as needed
* Exercises effective communication and promotes positive client relations with business line colleagues and management
* Maintain authoritative knowledge and understanding of laws and regulations, regulatory guidance, policy, and procedures for operational functions covered/tested
* Provides 2LOD audit and regulatory exam support
* Executes additional departmental initiatives and other duties as assigned
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* Bachelor's Degree
* Minimum of 7 years of experience in financial services industry, with at least five years in an operational risk management, internal audit, or compliance role
* Minimum 1 year of management or supervisory experience
Skills and Knowledge
* Bachelor’s degree or higher and other professional qualifications such as a CPA, CA, etc.
* Strong business knowledge of financial services and controls testing
* Understanding of Risk Management/Operational Risk Management and Internal Controls testing methodology
* Ability to handle complexity and ambiguity
* Proven track record building strong relationships across multiple business functions
* Ability to deal effectively with conflict
* Well-developed influencing, analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to work independently with effective time and project management
* Ability to work in a matrix environment
* Strong communication (verbal and written), negotiation, and presentation skills required
Starting base salary: $119,012 - $154,574 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City: In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Source : City National Bank