The staff Internal Auditor position is responsible for supporting the Clerk’s responsibilities as County Auditor, performing audits and investigations in areas such as fiscal, budgetary, personnel, procurement and contracting programs. This position performs basic internal auditing and investigations based on programs designed to assure the accuracy and effectiveness of all operating policies, procedures and systems. Under the direction of the Senior Internal Auditor/Investigator, this position is responsible for review and appraisal of departmental operations to determine compliance with laws, rules, and regulations, and to assure the reliability, accuracy, and completeness of records. The position performs audit functions that conform to Government Auditing Standards, Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, Principles and Standards for Offices of Inspector General and other professional standards. Additional duties may be assigned as they relate to the mission of the Clerk of the Circuit Court organization. The position’s work is performed under the supervision of a Senior Internal Auditor/Investigator.
- Execution of audit engagements and investigations.
- Executes financial, compliance, operational and performance audits as assigned within the allotted time.
- Performs work specified in the approved audit programs including research, analysis and interview to prepare evaluations and recommendations for improvements.
- Participates in the operation of the department to meet the needs of the department.
- Assists with analyzing, evaluating and interpreting proposed and perspective professional standards and legislative regulatory requirements.
- Collaborates with department colleagues in establishing attainable performance standards and measure for the department to validate efficiencies of productivity.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, or university, in accounting, public administration, business, finance, or a related field. Continuing professional education is encouraged.
1 - 3 years of recent experience performing audits, or closely related disciplines, preferred.
Continued employment is contingent upon obtaining certification as a Certified Inspector General Auditor (CIGA) or a Certified Inspector General Investigator (CIGI) within five years of the date of hire.
Sarasota Clerk of the Circuit Court and County Comptroller is committed to wellness and successful applicants must be tobacco free for twelve months preceding date of application.
Drug Free Work Environment