Intermediate Interior Designer – Healthcare Studio
New York, NY
NBBJ is a design and architecture firm, fueled by ideas and a culture of collaboration. With offices around the globe, the diverse perspectives of your future colleagues and clients will inspire and challenge you to be extraordinary. Innovation and creativity are at the heart of our work: creating spaces and experiences that better connect people to each other as they live, learn, and work in their communities. We partner with pioneers like Amazon, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Massachusetts General Hospital as we create solutions for tomorrow guided by our vision: we design for life. Are you interested in designing what’s next? Join us.
The role at a glance:
We are seeking an Intermediate Interior Designer or Interior Architect to work on large, complex healthcare projects. The position will offer the candidate opportunities to grow within the firm and exposure to an innovative, fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
In your new role, you will:
- Participate in high-energy, collaborative team and project environments
- Proactive team involvement and willingness to participate in ideation at all levels - be engaged!
- Design and documentation support on projects of various sizes and complexities
- Develop contract documents
- Develop and implement overall design concepts and finish palettes through all phases of design
What you will need to succeed:
- 3-6 years of professional experience in all phases and aspects of Interior Design
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture
- LEED Accreditation or within 18 months of hire
- Licensure or interest in completing your NCIDQ exams
- Strong conceptual design and schematic design skills, with emphasis on attention to detail and motivation to learn
- Strong verbal and graphic communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Revit with 3D modeling skills essential.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch Up, Rhino and/or 3DS Max
- Creation of presentation books and materials
- Experience working together with medical planners to develop and execute a holistic design vision for interior healthcare spaces
- Experience with researching, selecting and specifying materials and finishes, as they relate to healthcare interior spaces
- Experience with furniture selection and specification
- Ability to work in a collaborative, open environment