Teledyne Storm Microwave has been providing high quality interconnect products and cable assemblies to domestic and international defense and telecom markets since 1978.
Located near Chicago, Illinois, Teledyne Storm Microwave was one of the first companies to offer high performance flexible and semi-rigid RF/Microwave cable assemblies with low density, tape-wrapped dielectric.
Today, Teledyne Storm Microwave is well known not only for quality products but also for quality customer relations based on an ongoing commitment to honesty and integrity. Building on our decades of microwave transmission line design experience, we continue to solve engineers' interconnect problems by combining leading technology with the Storm legacy of responsive, flexible, committed customer service.Position Summary and Responsibilities:
Responsible for sales support and/or the selling of goods. Interacts with customers prior to and/or after sale. Develops and maintains positive customer relations; coordinates with various functions within the company to ensure customer requests are handled appropriately and in a timely manner. This position has authority to substantially affect the relationship between the company and a customer, either from a financial standpoint or product standpoint.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but not limited to:
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss their needs, and to explain how these needs could be met by specific products and services.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, or credit terms.
- Quote prices, credit terms, or other bid specifications.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's inventory, production and delivery schedules. Under detailed instruction, submits orders for processing.
- Builds and maintains customer relationships.
- Maintains customer records to ensure effective communication company wide.
- Evaluates customer and order eligibility based on ITAR requirements, as applicable.
- Works with internal departments such as engineering, research, and production departments to ensure company commitments to customer are met.
- Works with outside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
- Bachelor's degree and 0-2 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent interpersonal/oral and written communication skill
- Customer service experience is a plus
- MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- U.S. Person required for this position, includes but is not limited to, U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents