System One is actively seeking a Technical Inside Sales Representative for a direct hire position located in Odessa, TX.
The primary focus includes providing internal and external customers with service and information about very technical products, prices, availability, etc., and processing the transactions necessary to support the quote and order fulfillment process. This role aims to assist customers quickly and consistently in selecting and procuring product solutions that best meet their needs.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide timely and helpful responses to all inquiries, quote requests, and order confirmations via any incoming method (phone, digitally, walk-in’s)
- Responsible for arranging deliveries, invoicing, and processing product returns.
- Answer customer questions about products, prices, and availability
- Use the business system (SAP B1) to process quotes, orders, shipment tracking, etc.
- Effectively utilize internal resources, document sharing platforms, and product literature
- Report & help to track customer complaints, non-conformances, and errors to comply with our Quality System
- Assist customers with requests for outsourcing material
- Process credit cards for daily transactions.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Display a consistent high level of professionalism at all times.
- This is shown in timeliness, appearance, and appropriate relationships with other associates.
- Participate in a team and/or project(s) that contributes to the Strategic Plan or other initiatives to continuously improve the organization.
- Conduct ongoing learning to become a subject-matter expert in an area needed to continue the evolution of the Customer Experience
- Sales support including account history and special customer requirements
- Awareness of and compliance with company Quality System (SQS)
- Warehouse support for packing slips and shipping-related questions
- General cleaning and organizational activities
Minimum Job Requirements
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED required.
- 3 years customer service/inside sales experience
- Industry experience in technical instrumentation or process industries helpful.
- Experience, Training, Knowledge:
- Prior experience with company parts/applications preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and multitask well in a fast-paced environment.
- Capacity to progressively learn mechanical and fluid-system related technical information.
- Internal and external customer empathy.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Office Equipment and/or software knowledge:
- Requires mechanical aptitude and software ability.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 - Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and Word.
- Experience in an ERP system such as SAP - or the ability to learn our current business system (SAP: B1), and other platforms as required.
- Business casual attire is required.
- Travel could be required and is expected to be less than 2 weeks per year.
- The organization is committed continuous personal development including tactical skills as well as transformational soft skills. This position will require proficiency at the following EI (emotional intelligence) skills.
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Thinking with speed (Agility)
- Customer Orientation
- Communication (Listening/Verbal Fluency)
- Must possess sight/hearing senses to adequately perform the functions of the job
- The employee is regularly required to verbally communicate
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus.
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Maintaining corporate and local policies
- Maintaining six corporate values
- Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Integrity, Quality, Customer Focus and Respect.
- Supporting our four strategies contained within our strategic plan
- Support our local quality program (SQS)
- Complete as required certification work for assembly practices
- Foster and cultivate the company brand
Working Conditions/Environmental Exposures:
- Work is normally performed in a climate-controlled office or other human factors friendly environment.
- Noise level is moderate and includes sounds of a normal office environment.
- No environmental hazards are encountered in performance of normal job duties.
- The employee is essentially in an office environment and at a desk/workstation but may be utilized in other areas of the business as needed.
*This is a permanent position with full benefits and relocation package for qualified candidates.