BlueLinx Corporation is growing their INSIDE SALES DEPARTMENT and looking for an ACCOUNT MANAGER. Bluelinx is proud to be a premier provider of building materials industry and our sales organization has a career path that allows our sales focused employee to grow and expand their abilities. These Account Managers will establish strong relationships with our customers and our suppliers. The right person for this opportunity will be an impact performer with a desire to exceed in sales while understanding that the customer relationship needs to continue to be strong. BlueLinx has a value-driven business model and extensive cache of products across the building products industry which allows our customers to establish a long-term relationship and a “one stop shop” partnership.
BlueLinx is looking for an Account Manager that can relate to our customers and be in a position to grow their career in a rapidly growing industry. BlueLinx is one of America’s largest distributors of building products - come grow with us!
About BlueLinx Holdings Inc.
BlueLinx (NYSE: BXC) is a leading wholesale distributor of building and industrial products in the United States with over 70,000 branded and private-label SKUs, and a broad distribution footprint servicing 40 states. BlueLinx has a differentiated distribution platform, value-driven business model and extensive cache of products across the building products industry. Headquartered in Marietta, Georgia, BlueLinx has over 2,000 associates and distributes its comprehensive range of structural and specialty products to approximately 15,000 national, regional, and local dealers, as well as specialty distributors, national home centers, industrial, and manufactured housing customers.
BlueLinx is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Veterans/DisabledResponsibilities:
- Partner with local Territory Managers on specific accounts and product lines to provide solutions for our client’s needs.
- Identifies sales opportunities with new and existing customers AND present BlueLinx beneficial options.
- Maximizes sales efforts by focusing sales time on largest most profitable opportunities (may include segmenting account list and creating customer / product sales plans).
- Be viewed as an asset to the client by enhancing our sales portfolio to the client.
- Qualifies sales opportunities through market / customer research and teaming with outside sales representatives.
- Communicates value propositions to customers. Proposes sales solutions to customers and re-evaluates solutions when necessary.
- Closes sales opportunities by gaining purchase orders and executing all order fulfillment procedures.
- Follow up on WARM leads and contacts. Targeted selling with BlueLinx preferred partners.
- Seen as a business consultant and a person that can relate & resolve the customers issues.
- Provides outstanding customer service and post sales satisfaction, facilitating long-term relationships for repeat business.
- May have assigned product responsibility such as managing inventory levels (indirect product sourcing), managing inventory turns, promoting product to other inside sales employees and assisting in product pricing and developing promotional literature.
- Comfortable setting sales quotas and working towards those quotas.
- Be prepared for continual ongoing training. Our industry is always advancing and making sure that you are knowledgeable on the products and services the BlueLinx provides.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Sales/Communication or equivalent is preferred, but not required.
- 1-3 years Sales Experience with a comfort level on the telephone and open/honest communication.
- Self-Sufficient and comfortable working virtual, as well as in the office.
- Good planning, organization, communication, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Working level of knowledge account management, customer support & service.
- Understands the importance of sales and has the internal drive to perform at a high level.
- Competitive drive and results focused.
- Experience in establishing strong relationships through positive interaction and enhancing the customer experience.
- Previous experience in the construction/home building industry OR the ability to learn it is a plus, but certainly not required.
- Possess telephone skills with the ability to identify key customer issues, evaluate facts and recommend appropriate plans of action.
- Self -Starter and Driven. There are situations where a person will be entrusted to manage their own day and handle their own “plan of action”.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or active in the vaccination process (first shot received or scheduled to be received) to be considered for this opportunity. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.