By Light is hiring a Desktop Support Technician to join our team providing onsite Tier II support to our government client, such as, perform device imaging, configuration, deployment and installation at customer location; troubleshoot issues identified by desktop users, and implement corrective actions. This position will analyze problems that indicate systemic issues, recommend solutions, and escalate all the issues that cannot be resolved at tier 2 level to Tier 3 support personnel. Analyze and resolve problems in the computing environment on-site, over the telephone or using remote control software provided by the client.
- Troubleshoot any problems or issues that arise with Windows desktops/laptops from the network drop up to and including the desktop/laptop.
- Prioritize remediation of systems infected with viruses or other malware.
- Administer Windows 10 OS.
- Maintain MS Office Suite programs in operable condition.
- Manage the McAfee Anti-Virus, McAfee E-Policy, McAfee Host Intrusion Protection (HIPS) clients.
- Administer and troubleshoot local and network printers (Lasers and Inkjet), scanners.
- Respond to alert notification or escalation of an issue from members of the client team. Determine the probable cause of the issue and take the appropriate intervention action(s) to restore the Windows desktop/laptop to operational status.
- Image, re-image OS for MS desktops/laptops via VA Gold Image.
- Troubleshoot Local Area Network consisting of Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP) Category 5.
- Add virtual desktop client (CAG - Citrix Access Gateway) to existing office platform.
- Load and reload, configure, and update anti-virus and virus scan software on desktop/laptop.
- Create and distribute "clean-up kits" (including instructions and other user documentation) for Windows remote laptops.
- Load, configure, and update Virtual Private Network (VPN) and VA Remote Access Security Compliance Update Environment (RESCUE) software on desktop/laptop.
- Provide lessons learned as input to the evolution of standard processes.
- Disconnect and/or reconnect desktop and peripherals in support of office moves within the client Campus.
- Respond with onsite presence to any client Campus location for the purpose of dealing with hardware and/or software problems that cannot be solved through remote tools and that require the physical presence of a technician except for the West Virginia locations.
- Set up hardware and loading software to support meetings and training classes at all sites.
- Monitor, triage and sort tickets in the ticketing system and assign to the appropriate groups.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 3-5 years of related support.
- Experience working at federal client site.
- Excellent people and communications skill.
- MS 365: Modern desktop Administrator Associate (Preferred but not required).
- Active VA Clearance preferred but not required.
Special Requirements/Security Clearance
- Candidates must be able to successfully complete a background investigation.
- • By Light does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters; vaccination requirements and testing are subject to the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements; testing is at the cost of the employee