Senior Business Systems Administrator
Los Angeles, CA
Job ID 2022-7876
Solugenix is assisting a client, a prestigious and large investment management company in their search for a Senior Business Systems Administrator. This is an 8-month contract opportunity based out of Los Angeles, CA.
Acts as a subject matter expert and business owner of one or more applications, systems, or web contentareas to assure systems are accurate, streamlined, and effectively used by associates. Makes recommendations on application, system, or process enhancements. Generates reports and data at the request of the business group or management.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of business area systems. Exhibits knowledge in current andpossible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting the department/business area.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize assigned work and complete it on time.
- Demonstrates initiative by identifying issues and recommending solutions.
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills with team members and managers.
- Demonstrates ability to collaborate and develop/maintain relationships with the client.
- Demonstrates effective and professional service orientation and builds appropriate rapport withinternal contacts.
- Maintains system data and content.
- Acts as the subject matter expert for system or application questions.
- Inputs, updates, or synchronizes data or content as requested. Audits data or content for accuracy, completeness, and quality control.
- Configures settings and applications as necessary, working with business partners to gather requirements.
- Troubleshoots systems issues and escalates are as necessary.
- Monitors system performance through various reports and data feeds. Researches and resolves data failures and exceptions.
- Coordinates maintenance and outages with the appropriate Information Technology Group
- (ITG) associates and performs testing after maintenance.
- Develops, updates, and tests codes as needed.
- May monitor usage via reports to assess what content or data is being used.
- May manage vendor relationships.
- Generates and audits reports.
- Evaluates data requests to determine the appropriate format and data reporting structure.
- Generates reports, audits output data for reasonableness, manipulates output, and formats results on a monthly, quarterly, or ad hoc basis.
- Builds queries or report templates for end-users.
- Evaluates proposed and existing reports proactively and use expertise to streamline or develop creative reporting solutions.
- Trains business users and/or acts as a business system application resource.
- Serves as a business owner of one or more applications, systems, or web content areas.
- Trains new and existing users.
- Prepares and maintains training documentation.
- Coordinates all training associated with enhancement or upgrade releases.
Participates in system enhancements, upgrades, and testing
- Gathers requirements for changes or enhancements from end-users and/or ITG developsthe business case considers system functionality and limitations and works with ITG, externalvendors and/or internal business areas to accommodate change.
- Analyzes impacts of upgrades and patch implementations on current system configurationand end-users. Develops test plans and scenarios to ensure expected results are achieved.
- Ensures enterprise-wide changes in software, hardware or server do not impact the functionality of the application or system.
- May develop new functionality.
Streamlines business systems processes
- Develops, analyzes, and recommends business system processes to improve workflow and efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Develops and maintains system- and process-related documentation.
Researches new technology trends and solutions
- Identifies technology trends and proposes solutions to keep work processes and systems current.
- Researches technology that may enhance the current application, system, or database,determines viability for implementation, develops the business case, and makes a recommendation to the senior manager.
- May need to train associates/non-associates on the proper use and maintenance of the application, system, or database to ensure the integrity of the data.
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned.
About the Client:Our client is an American financial services company. It ranks among the world’s oldest and largest investment management organizations. They have offices globally.
Solugenix is an information technology services company known for its deep experience and knowledge in providing comprehensive technology services, solutions, and talent support for companies around the world. The company offers a variety of cutting edge and talent support solutions to promote growth and cutting-edge advancement to our esteemed clients and candidates. We provide these talent support solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire basis. We also have additional resources from our staffing partners to ensure the right match and expertise for the best result.For over 50 years, global and local brands have trusted Solugenix as an added resource and partner in taking steps to ensure their immediate and future success. In addition to generating ground-breaking, industry-defining solutions, Solugenix has been delivering the talent and support needed to make it happen. We are dedicated to partnering with clients and candidates whose core values also foster a culture of professionalism, teamwork, and integrity.