Job Title: Inside Sales
Colony Tire is currently seeking a full-time Inside Commercial Salesman to join our team! Our salesmen work for competitive, unlimited pay. Full benefit package offered, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) + Profit Sharing, paid holidays, vacation time, company paid life insurance, and short-term disability.
Inside Sales personnel should be results-driven and are ready to engage prospective clients. Inside salesmen are responsible for providing outstanding customer service to customers/potential customers by selling retail, commercial, industrial, agriculture, intermodal, OTR-earthmover, and retread tires, as well as road hazard and recommended services, benefits and product features, create long-term loyalty bonds with customers, drive sales and profitability of the store, as well as other duties as assigned by the Service Manager or Store Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the competencies and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Minimum of 1 year experience in tire sales is a plus.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service and regularly serve customers to demonstrate products and explain product features.
- Recommend products to customers, based on their specific needs and interests
- Answer customer questions relating to products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms. Solicit new accounts, as well as work on unsold accounts and existing accounts
- Maintain margin, as well as sales volume to objective
- Estimate or quote prices, warranties, and delivery dates
- Prepare estimates, and bids that meet specific customer needs
- Arrange and direct delivery and installation of products and equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Communication - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times. Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Sales and Marketing- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
- Customer and Personal Service - Including but not limited to customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and sales principles.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems - Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time.
- Dependability- Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Cooperation- Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude, even in very difficult situations.
- Independence- Job requires guiding oneself with little or no supervision and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Integrity- Job requires treating people with respect, keeping commitments, working ethically and upholding organizational values.
- Stress Tolerance- Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
The job is typically performed in an indoor environment however exposure to outside weather conditions is not uncommon. The employee may be required to stand for long hours. The employee must regularly lift up to 50 pounds and frequently lift/move more than 100 pounds.
High school diploma or equivalent is required. A minimum of one (1) year related experience in tire sales is preferred but not required. A two or four-year college degree is also preferred but not required. Valid driver’s license is required.
VEVRAA CONTRACTOR/SUBCONTRACTOR REQUESTING PRIORITY REFERRAL OF PROTECTED VETERANS
EOE: Minorities/women/protected veterans/individuals with disabilities
EEO Policy Statement
Colony Tire Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Colony Tire Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Colony Tire Corporation expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Colony Tire’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
View the EEO is The Law Poster.