This role will assist the Benefit Sales Executive in marketing and generating new sales of insurance products through existing agents/brokers and by developing relationships with new clients. Owns the new business quote process and sales strategies. Work closely with members in POD to ensure continued growth of new sales.
Our employees work a hybrid schedule. On the days we are not in the office, our teams are able to collaborate using video and screen sharing technology which means you'll feel like you’re part of the team while also enjoying the convenience of working from home.
At BenefitMall, an industry leading provider of benefits services, we believe that it takes great employees to build a resilient organization. Our culture is based on corporate values that focus on inclusion, trust, collaboration, and innovation to help us build a bright future. As a result of listening to our employees, BenefitMall has earned a Top Workplaces USA award two years in a row (2021 & 2022) based solely on employee feedback and insight! If you want to work for a company where employees are valued and growth is encouraged, BenefitMall could be the place. Click here for videos from some of our employees!Responsibilities:
- Work effectively in a team sales environment with POD members to coordinate all new business sales activity as needed to assure the fastest, easiest, and most trusted benefits selling experience.
- Work to effectively service agents/brokers’ new business and to encourage them to grow their clients’ business by:
- Providing information on carrier administrative procedures, product availability, and the value each creates for the customer.
- Offering guidance in selecting the best solution while driving sales.
- Placing outbound sales calls; following up on requests for proposals and contacting new agents/brokers to drive sales.
- Coordinating new business quote requests and proposal outputs with Proposal Consultants.
- Conducting regular follow-up calls to agents/brokers to maintain quote activity, re-activate lapsed partners, and market our services.
- Pre-screening level-funded groups to determine suitable products and risk adjustment factors on premium rates.
- Driving agents to apply the appropriate technology solution as needed to assure safe, secure, and paperless sales administration.
- Involving BSE as appropriate with assistance in closing new cases and adding product lines.
- Assisting agents/brokers in presenting our products to clients by joining client/broker calls.
- Maintain increasing knowledge of insurance industry markets, products, and legal environments to provide a value-added service to agents/brokers.
- Utilize internal systems (Salesforce, Zoom, etc.) for activity tracking and metrics.
- Coordinate with partner carrier resources as needed to maximize results.
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent required. Associates degree preferred.
- 2+ years professional experience in a related selling or telemarketing environment.
- Understanding of insurance products preferably attained through working in an insurance marketing or selling program.
- Good knowledge of carrier plan features, benefits, and underwriting guidelines.
- Active Life & Health License must be obtained within 90 days of employment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook Exchange; proficient in web browsers, specifically Google Chrome.
At BenefitMall, we believe a company is only as good as its investment in an employee’s future. We offer professional growth and tuition reimbursement, a rewarding wellness program, and numerous employee discount programs. In addition to our family centered, casual work environment, joining our team means receiving competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits, paid time-off, employer-paid holidays, and 401(k) match.
When you join BenefitMall, you aren’t just starting a new job, you become an important part of our growing and collaborative team. With over 40 years of providing benefits services nationally, BenefitMall is an industry-leader dedicated to offering top-notch solutions to our clients.
We are an EOE F/M/D/V
BenefitMall provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected status. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.