Bachelor’s degree in a related specialized area or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we create the technologies, products and services that help our nation’s heroes keep our nation safe. The work we do is so advanced, we are continuously moving the boundaries of what’s possible. Here you’ll work with the best and your talent will be front and center on projects that impact the world. Are you up to the challenge?
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar and everything in between.
As the Information Technology Security Test Engineer, we’ll rely on you to apply defensive functions (e.g., encryption, access control, identity management) to reduce exploitation opportunities of vulnerabilities, as well as conduct import/export reviews for acquiring cryptographic systems. You’ll also apply current computer science technologies to the design, development, evaluation, and integration of computer systems and networks to maintain system security. Are you ready to make a difference?
What you’ll experience:
- Work as part of an integrated cybersecurity team tasked with designing, engineering, testing, certifying, and delivering a secure global communication system
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret
- Working with a team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it’s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- Security engineering skills with an in-depth knowledge of cybersecurity technology and security control requirements
- Responsibilities with cybersecurity integration and verification testing, system test, and field test
- Experience with security architectures and system security audit tools
- Solid Linux, Windows, Networking, and Firewall configuration experience is highly desired
What sets you apart:
- Hands on experience with cybersecurity certification requirements in a broad range of system operations
- Working knowledge of eMASS, JSIG, Common Criteria, and NIAP tools and policies
- Experience in technical documentation preparations and reporting to senior program and government officials
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran