in Durham, NC!
For immediate consideration please send your resume to email@example.com
Subject Line: Position and State Located
The Laboratory Technician provides various lab support functions. Cleaning of laboratory glassware, maintain lab cleanliness, maintain lab supplies, chemical and reagent inventory and ordering of any lab related supplies. Responsibility also includes other miscellaneous task in support of laboratory operation.
Title: Lab Support Technician
Pay Rate: $15-$18 based on experience
Location: Durham, NC
Position Type: Full-Time/Contract
Qualifications - Skills & Requirements:
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be capable of operating laboratory glassware washing equipment
- Must handle glassware with care, to prevent breakage
- Knowledge of safe handle of chemicals and reagents is a plus
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to:
- Stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach, stoop kneel to install computer equipment
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work
- Light to moderate lifting is required
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time
- Exerting up to 10-15 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
On-Board was founded in 1976 by Robert L. Wilson to provide Engineering and Design services to the chemical manufacturing industry. Today, On-Board is a thriving privately held family of companies with services including: Consulting, Professional Engineering, Industrial Maintenance and Facility Management, Contracted Manufacturing and Production Services, as well as Temporary Staffing and Recruiting throughout North America.
The On-Board Family of Companies conducts operations through its Corporate Headquarters located in East Windsor, NJ along with Regional Offices in New Castle, DE and Wake Forest, NC. On-Board’s Mission is to provide “Flexible Service by applying the talents of our people, work processes and technology to meet our clients’ expectations in a Safe, Responsible and Dependable manner.”
On-Board Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.