- Applies current systems security engineering methods, practices and technologies to the architecture, design, development, evaluation and integration of systems and networks to maintain system security.
- Works closely with Government customers to ensure that the security protection needs, concerns and requirements are defined and implemented with appropriate fidelity and rigor, early and in a sustainable manner throughout the life cycle of system that will allow for the security authorization of the system of interest.
- Works with systems developers or commercial product vendors in the design and evaluation of state-of-the-art secure systems, networks, and database products.
- Uses methods such as encryption technology, vulnerability analysis and security management.
- Responsible for integration of multiple methods into a cohesive system security perimeter and environment and the policies and procedures necessary to monitor and maintain such an environment.
- Will prepare Certification and Accreditation documentation, using multiple standards such as DITSCAP, NIACAP, DCID 6/3, Common Criteria, and NIST 800-37, to achieve security authorization of supported systems. Represents program security needs, concerns and requirements at customer meetings.
- Experienced professional with proficient knowledge of job area and practical knowledge of project management.
- May manage projects or processes with general supervision.
- Communicates with contacts inside and outside of own department to explain and interpret operational processes, practices, and procedures.
- Recommends enhancements to systems and processes.
- Works to achieve operational targets for specific programs and projects with moderate impact on departmental results.
Education & Experience:
- BA or BS Degree in CS, IT Security, or a related field with 4 years of exp. Or 2 years of exp with an AA Degree 4 or more years in Information Security, 4 years of more in Network field
- Preferred Comp Tia