LC State invites applications for the position of Industrial Maintenance/Millwright Instructor
Salary and rank based on experience and qualifications: $45,000 - $47,000
- 8-years of progressive welding and millwright experience in the Millwright trade; OR
Associate's degree in Welding, Trade Union Journeyman Welding Education, or in the Millwright trade with 5-years of progressive welding and millwright experience; OR
Bachelor's degree in related field with 3-years of progressive welding and maintenance experience in the Millwright trade
- Eight or more years of journey level experience in all phases of manual and semi-automatic welding processes as well as Millwright experience
- Certified Welding Inspector and Certified Welding Educator credentials
- Working with robotic systems, PLC's, and hydraulics
- Supervisory or instructional experience
Instructs and supervises students in the Industrial Maintenance-Millwright Technology program. Develop, plan, implement, and revise program and courses, curriculum, and lesson plans. Evaluates student progress in attaining goals and objectives. Maintain lab equipment and program/personal certification requirements; attends faculty and educational meetings. Assists in recruitment, retention, and job placement efforts as well as ensuring safety and security for the program. Work with program's advisory committee, industry representatives, and employers to facilitate job and internship opportunities. Operate and maintain program budget, contribute to college-wide goals and activities by serving on committees and other institutional activities. Applicants are required to complete CTE teacher training courses for Idaho Teaching Certification during the first 3 years of hire. Applicants must be willing to consider non-traditional teaching styles and times, such as on-line, hybrid, and evening or weekend classes.
Application Procedure: Please upload all of the following documents, or your application may not be considered for review
- Cover Letter/Letter of Interest
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact Information or Letters for three (3) Professional References
- Unofficial Transcripts (Official Transcripts requested upon hire)
This position is open until filled; however, application received on or before June 5, 2022 will receive first consideration. Posting will remain open until a suitable pool of candidates is identified.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check and may also be subject to an education verification. LC State is an EEO/AA/VETS employer.