Amentum is seeking a 3rd shift Industrial Electrician IV for our Facility Operations & Maintenance team in Mossville. IL.
This position is responsible for providing a level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, servicing, project estimation of materials and labor hours, as well as documenting the electrical modifications and changes. Will work with equipment and systems related to HVAC units, conveyors, motors, lighting systems, control circuits, VFDs, PLCs, conveyors, rubber process equipment, hydraulic machines, cranes, and hoists.
Provides instruction, mentors and trains less skilled technicians as needed. Effectively communicates with the site management team and the customer to understand requirements, solve electrical problems, and provide solutions to manufacturing problems.
The Industrial Electrician IV must have the ability to identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures. General Maintenance of equipment will also be required.
- Electrical project estimation of materials and labor to complete the project. Execution of projects through assigning work, executing work, and testing finished project.
- Directs the work of unskilled and semi-skilled helpers assisting in projects, assuring that proper safety practices are followed.
- Perform work following standard NFPA 70E(NEC) as required.
- Read schematics and electrical one-line diagrams in the effort to determine solutions for problems that arise.
- Perform safety and hazard assessments prior to performing any work.
- Inspection and documentation of findings.
- Communication to Client and management of issue found and work completion.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs electrical equipment and control circuits from 24v up to and including 480V AC, electro-mechanical test devices, instrumentation devices, PLCs / ladder logic controllers, and variable frequency drives as necessary.
- Responds to calls and takes necessary actions.
- Performs preventive maintenance on industrial electrical control and operating systems as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis (two-minute rule) and lockout/tagout procedures and utilizes PPE as required.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Four years’ experience in a technical position.
- Electrician Certificate from an apprenticeship program or equivalent Associates Technical degree.
- Experience working safely with voltages up to 480v.
- Ability to read and troubleshoot from electrical one lines and schematics.
- Valid driver’s License.
- Familiarity in using electrical test equipment – multimeter's, megger, and verifiers.
- Familiarity working with distribution panels and switchboards.
- Following company Lockout tag-out procedures.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require overtime, local travel, various shifts, weekends, holidays and alternative work schedules.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Associates degree in industrial technology or certificate from an industrial electrical course
- Experience working as a licensed electrician
- Knowledge of lighting, lighting control and commercial systems.
- Experience installing rigid conduit and EMT up to 3 inches
- Working knowledge of NEC, sizing wire and transformers, calculating conduit fill.
- Experience troubleshooting and replacing 3 phase motors up 60hp.
- Experience with a CMMS or Maintenance Management System (i.e., Maximo, MP2, etc.)
- NFPA-70E training preferred