Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Director of Fund Accounting on the accounting and administration of 4 large open end hedge fund partnerships
- Review month-end NAV packages for the fund of funds
- Record general ledger entries and prepare and balance sheet reconciliations monthly.
- Track fund of fund positions/securities and research and reconcile discrepancies between portfolio management systems and independent custodian/broker statements and trade records.
- Perform monthly testing on the fund of funds security portfolios against independent pricing sources to validate the custodian/third party valuation.
- Work closely with internal Client Operations and Investment Teams to provide transactional support.
- Prepare various tax supporting schedules used in the preparation of investor K-1 estimate and tax returns.
- Prepare partnership GAAP basis financial statements and other required audit schedules.
- Assist in identifying and implementing process improvements to automate the current processes to streamline partnership accounting, administration and reporting.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- 4 to 6 years of meaningful, relevant hedge fund experience and public accounting background in financial services and asset
- Experience working on hedge funds with varied asset types (equities, fixed income, derivatives etc.).
- Must consent to and have favorable consumer report, background check and drug/alcohol test.
- Experience with FIS Investran, Geneva or similar fund accounting system is a plus.
- Ability to learn and excel at day-to-day responsibilities and contribute to driving process improvement, standardization and automation.
- High skill level in Excel and experience with large data sets.
- Strong analytical skills with focus on accuracy and attention to detail and deadlines.
Other Essential Candidate Traits:
- Initiative to dive into the details to identify areas for business and technology process improvements.
- Passion for client service and delivering exceptional work and value that is part of the company culture.
100,000 - 125,000 /year