**Must have availability to work occasional overnight shifts**
What You'll Do
Provide guests with quality customer service by demonstrating excellent food and beverage knowledge. Serve guests food and beverages in their room in a timely and professional manner all the while providing extraordinary service to our guests along the way. Act as an advocate for the hotel, be a creator of ridiculously personal experiences and develop relationships with guests that will compel them to return.
Some of your responsibilities include:
* Memorize current menu items and prices, familiarize yourself on the wine list and vintages.
* Set up scheduled coffee service each morning by 6:00am.
* Review orders as they arrive and properly prepare the correct amount of silver, linens, and vases.
* Check orders for presentation and completeness, cover and place in the cart for delivery, with water and beverages added last.
* Ensure meal completion time is monitored; if meal delivery will be beyond 5 minutes of estimated times, guest is contacted, offered apologies and advised of new time.
* Prepare and set up the dining area according to guest preferences.
* Verify wine orders with guests and be sure to present, cork and offer it to the guests for their approval.
* Be familiar with ticketing and cash handling, check presentation and organization.
* Ensure that stations are properly cleaned, stocked, and organized.
* We all wear multiple hats here at Kimpton. You may need to take on responsibilities outside of this job description at times, as we all do.
What You Bring
* 1 year of experience in a similar or supportive role is preferred.
* Excellent written communication and presentation skills.
* Able to prioritize multiple tasks in a dynamic environment.
* Able to learn, retain, and present product, menu, and allergy information to guests.
* Knowledge of or ability to learn the restaurant point-of-sale system.
* Highly motivated, and flexible individual, confident in taking initiative.
* Flexible schedule, able to work overnight, holidays, and weekends when needed.
* Food Handler and Alcohol Awareness Certifications (if applicable).
Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.
Source : Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants