The In Room Dining Server will take Guests’ food and beverage orders and delivering food and beverage orders to Guests. Deliveries will be made to various areas of the property including, but not limited to, Guest hotel rooms, bars, and the pool area. The Server will also cashier and server food at various public food service areas on property, outside of the primary restaurants. The Server is responsible to tendering Guest orders and following up on any Guest requests, including restaurant reservations, special room orders, and In Room Dining amenities and packages.
- Practice, support, and promote Thunder Valley Casino Resort’s "Winning Attitude" company-wide culture and demonstrate AAA Four Diamond service standards at all times.
- Take Guests’ food and beverage orders over the phone, ensuring charging capabilities and, if needed, screening another form of payment.
- Be responsible for accurately taking Guests orders, answering questions about menu items, and up-selling items to enhance the Guest’s order.
- Be knowledgeable and prepared to answer Guest questions or give recommendations about the property to enhance a Guest’s visit.
- Follow up on any requests including, but not limited to, making restaurant reservations or obtaining items for the room.
- Input orders into the POS system and advise servers to begin to prepare the delivery table.
- Process Guest checks following the established procedures and proper tendering of transactions.
- Deliver orders to Guest rooms, Spa, Pool, bars, and other areas of the property as needed.
- Follow established internal control procedures for obtaining banks, returning banks and non-cash paperwork drop. Be compliant with all company cash handling policies and procedures.
- Follows proper procedures for deliveries, pick-ups, and Guest interactions.
- Project a professional appearance, be knowledgeable, sincere, and efficient in the delivery of the meals, beverages, or amenities presented to the Guests.
- Assist with the collection of room service trays, tables, and other food and beverage items for the Guest rooms, including proper breakdown and resetting of trays and tables.
- Complete assigned side work duties.
- Bus and reset tables when needed.
- Keep work area clean and organized at all times. File amenities at the end of each shift.
- Communicate any special requests to fellow restaurants or commissary areas before end of shift or handoff on oncoming shifts.
- Conduct daily check on In Room Dining amenities. Communicate with cooks and Bakery about amenities.
- Runs reports for Daily Arrivals, Packages Forecast and writes numbers on provided white board.
- Follow Company and departmental safety practices to minimize risk to self and others.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Captains.
- Any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Previous server experience and knowledge regarding food and beverage.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Guests, Team Members and Management in both written and verbal form.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow Team Members.
- Ability to identify and undertake projects during slow periods.
- Ability to listen effectively.
- Ability to attend and pass Thunder Valley’s internal Alcohol Awareness training course and recognize guest intoxication.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to obtain UAIC Tribal Gaming License.
- Requires normal, corrective vision range, the ability to see color and the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to push carts weighing up to 140 lbs.
- Requires normal, vision range (with or without vision corrections, such as lenses or glasses), and ability to distinguish letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Ability to communicate by telephone and radio.
- Must be able to stand and walk for the duration of shift.
- Manual dexterity to operate job related equipment.