NBBJ is a design and architecture firm, fueled by ideas and a culture of collaboration. With offices around the globe, the diverse perspectives of your future colleagues and clients will inspire and challenge you to be extraordinary. Innovation and creativity are at the heart of our work: creating spaces and experiences that better connect people to each other as they live, learn, and work in their communities. We partner with pioneers like Amazon, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Massachusetts General Hospital as we create solutions for tomorrow guided by our vision: we design for life. Are you interested in designing what’s next? Join us.
This role at a glance:
NBBJ is seeking a Human Resources Specialist to join our high performing Human Resources team. This is a tremendous opportunity for an individual to gain a strong human resources experience and to embark on an exciting and rewarding career path. The ideal candidate is highly organized, detail-oriented, and eager to learn. This role will assist in compliance reporting and internal systems/backend data management. This role will be focused Compliance, Compensation, Career Development, supporting our internal systems and processes, and general administration.
Your New Role:
- Support and maintain HR System Records, filing, data collection/entry/review.
- Assist and support with general Compensation and Benefits projects; including COBRA notices, FMLA, Workers Comp, etc.
- Provide coordination and support for various long- term projects and initiatives.
- Identify ways of improving processes for compliance purposes involving our Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- Develop Affirmative Action Plans (AAP) and assist with setting goals and identifying objectives for target recruitment efforts.
- File annual reporting such as EEO, Vets-4212, OHSA, etc. to ensure compliance
- Staying abreast of multi-state compliances and reporting that back to leadership to ensure areas of compliance are met
- Assist with HR payroll auditing in collaboration with HR and Payroll team
- Assist with implementation and maintenance of HRIS system
- Conduct internal reviews and audits; adhering to reporting requirements
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will need to Succeed:
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources or related field (i.e. Information Systems) is a preferred. A minimum of a high school degree or Associate’s degree is required.
- 5+ years’ experience working in the HR compliance field, preferably in professional services or architectural industry.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills – this role calls for a high level of communication with the studio, the firm, candidates and external vendors.
- Excellent computer skills – knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Understanding of HRIS, ATS, information systems, and database management.
- Must be tenacious, persistent, and able to set deadlines and prioritize multiple ongoing projects.
- Must be able to take initiative and follow through with short- and long-term assignments.
- Strong prioritization skills – ability to multi-task with multiple tasks and assignments. Willing and able to take on new tasks and learn new things.
- Exhibit a high level of confidentiality and strong judgement skills.
Please visit our Career Center to apply on-line: http://www.nbbj.com/careers/