Defines high-impact, long-term (i.e., 2-5+ year horizon) business strategies at the corporate, business, and/or regional level. Partners with senior management to identify existing operational and new business opportunities, including market development, investment prioritization, and Mergers & Acquisitions and other growth strategies. Monitors external factors during strategic development, including market forces, macro/microeconomic factors, and competitive implications. Works with and manages cross-functional project teams. Conducts rigorous, data-driven analyses to diagnose the current state and model future outcomes for business performance. Develops recommendations for senior management based on competitive market, financial, statistical, and economic trend data. Manages corporate strategy initiatives and participates in communicating the strategy to the client organization.
- Identifies research, tools, and analyses required to achieve objectives for large, complex business strategy projects.
- Structures analytical approaches and develops project strategies and tactics.
- Develops recommendations for optimizing business and financial performance.
- Manages large, cross- functional teams and communications to facilitate projects and ensure timely delivery to clients.
- Leads the development of project guidelines, contingency plans, objectives, and deliverables.
- Consults with business executives on a wide range of issues related to the strategy formulation process, including risk management and new growth opportunities.
- Provides thought leadership and contributes to expanding the knowledge base within area of expertise which includes developing new methods, techniques and criteria for developing strategy analysis and recommendations.
- Collaborates across businesses, functions, and regions to align strategy and direction with corporate and divisional approaches, systems, information and support.
Education and Experience Required:
Typically 8-12 years total experience. Often 4-7 years post- advanced degree experience leading projects, deals, and company financial improvement initiatives in management consulting, corporate strategy, investment banking, or market research. Advanced university degree (e.g., MBA) or demonstrable equivalent.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent analytical thinking, analysis, and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate abstract ideas clearly and independently manage complex project objectives
- Extensive knowledge of and ability to manage statistical analysis and financial modeling.
- Advanced business acumen, technical knowledge within at multiple business units, and extensive knowledge in applications and technologies.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation, presentation, and influence.
- Superior group facilitation, interviewing, and influence skills.
- Excellent project management skills, including project structuring and managing multiple work streams independently.
- Strong relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
- Strong leadership skills, including coaching, team- building, conflict resolution, and management.
- Ability to identify and draw on leading-edge analytical tools and techniques to develop creative approaches and new insights to client issues.
- Ability to independently draft and present client deliverables, recommendations, and communications strategies.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities. HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.