At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion, and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
I. Position Function:
Direct and perform duties that ensure clean, orderly, and aesthetically acceptable conditions throughout the hospital.
II. Job Relationships:
Assists/supervises any associates in the area of responsibility.
Collaborates with the following staff:
Environmental Service co-workers, managers, director
The housekeeping supervisor will be responsible for the timely completion of performance appraisals, coaching and counseling associates, completion of projects, training new employees and the communication of hospital and departmental policy.
IV. A. Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1.) "Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards."
- Routinely assigns projects and/or cleaning tasks to housekeeping staff.
- Inspects assigned areas to insure projects are completed and correct procedures used.
- Covers routine schedules as assigned by manager.
- Completes rounds, directs and manages activities on the patient floors, corrects deficiencies. Communicates with other departments to ensure that patient floors are maintained to the highest level; i.e. Facilities, Linen Manager, etc.
- Complete project work as assigned by manager.
- Maintains a relationship with Patient Transport and Linen Managers. Assists as needed.
- Assists with set up of functions. Will ensure that rooms are cleaned and set ups complete in accordance with schedules provided by Hospitality Services.
- Performs supervisory duties seven days a week.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining all equipment.
- Must inspect all equipment on a daily basis and must hold the individuals who sign out the equipment responsible for cleaning it.
- Uses beeper and responds appropriately.
- Assists in training staff on new equipment or techniques.
- At the start of shift, will be responsible for distribution of equipment, keys cleaning supplies, beepers and job assignments.
- Performs all other related or appropriate tasks as requested by the manager in defining and prioritizing problem areas for project work.
- Assists in the orientation and training of new employees.
- Communicates orally and in writing to supervisor/manager all appropriate information. Completes daily shift report.
B. Responsibilities/Non-Essential Functions:
Performs all other related or appropriate tasks as required by the manager.
Reporting Requirements: Completes daily shift report, Performs QA inspections.
Responsible for cleanliness in assigned areas.
Responsible for project completion in a timely and efficient manner.
Shall be accountable for completion of all areas of assignment when running (i.e. weekend and holidays)
Must ensure that all keys and beepers are returned at the end of the shift.
Shall be accountable for abiding by all relevant hospital policies and procedures.
Shall be accountable for ensuring departmental operations fall within regulatory compliance; for ensuring staff training programs are in place and upheld; and for the respect and dignity of all members of the department, other employees of the medical center, patients, and visitors.
Minimum Education: GED/High School Diploma
Minimum Experience: 3-5 years Hospital health care supervisory experience preferred. Ability to read and write English required. Experience in conducting a viable training program preferred. Computer skills required. Hard floor care, carpet care, infection control knowledge required.
Minimum skills/abilities: Must be able to read and write English. Computer skills, Microsoft Word/Excel
Special Qualifications: None.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
Important COVID message
Please note, St. Elizabeth's Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.