The Housekeeping Manager is responsible for ensuring efficient operations of the Housekeeping Department in accordance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as well as supervising the entire Housekeeping Department including rooms front/back of house public areas and laundry. Exempt associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities.
Exempt managers must customarily and regular direct the work of at least 3 full-time associates or their equivalents. Primary duties must consist of administrative executive or professional tasks more than 50 percent of the time and job duties must also involve the use of discretion and independent judgement more than 50 percent of the time.Responsibilities:
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of related experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year of related experience.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems Company approved spreadsheets and word processing
- Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable state.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive friendly courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards)
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for position to include: Food Handlers Alcohol Awareness CPR and First Aid
- Establish and maintain a key control system for the department.
- Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff.
- Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within the housekeeping department.
- Monitor and direct all Housekeeping and Laundry personnel.
- Inspect rooms daily and do not schedule an additional Supervisor or Assistant unless occupancy is over 90 rooms or with General Manager's approval (property specific).
- Ensure compliance to company and brand training using the steps to effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Conduct all 90 day and annual employee performance appraisals according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P's.
- Review Housekeeping staff's worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to accounting on a timely basis.
- Be responsible for developing a manager as assigned by the Corporate Office including sign-off on all competencies and assist in his/her placement.
- Conduct monthly department meetings with housekeeping staff according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Prepare employee Schedule according to the business forecast payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements. Submit the Schedule and Wage Progress Report to the General Manager weekly.
- Handle overall supervision of daily inspection for arriving V.I.P.'s.
- Ensure lobbies guest hallways guest rooms and the back of the house areas are cleaned to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Maintain standards regarding Purchase Orders vouchering of invoices and checkbook accounting according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
- Maintain required pars of all Housekeeping and Laundry supplies by ordering all needed supplies and amenities on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly Housekeeping inventories on a timely basis.
- Ensure guest privacy and security by correctly following Aimbridge Hospitality procedures.
- Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
- Ensure implementation of all Aimbridge Hospitality's policies and house rules.
- Train and review all 'House Safety' rules and procedures with Housekeeping staff.
- Motivate coach counsel and discipline all Housekeeping personnel according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
- Prepare and conduct all Housekeeping interviews and hiring procedures according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
- Monitor work orders and submit to Engineering department according to procedures; Follow up on Maintenance Requests to ensure completion.
- Respond to all guest requests situations complaints and accidents presented to Housekeeping in an attentive courteous and efficient way.
- Attend monthly all-employee team meetings and any other functions required by management.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and provide training on a rotational basis using the steps to effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with other managers employees and all other departments.
- Respond to emergency situations using information contained in M.S.D. sheets. Keep M.S.D. sheets current and easily available.
- Focus the Housekeeping Department on its role in contributing to the guest service scores.
- Balance and clear the room status nightly comparing the PM Housekeeping Report with the computer's room status report and resolve all discrepancies.
- Maintain and monitor 'Lost and Found' procedures and policies according to standards.
- Train all Housekeeping personnel to perform their duties to Aimbridge Hospitality standards using the steps to effective training accordig to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Ensure that employees are at all times attentive friendly helpful and courteous to all guests managers and other employees.
- Conduct daily morning meeting with staff.
- Conduct weekly walk through with General Manager and Property Engineer.
- Use the telephone and computer system for reporting and verifying room status.
- Ensure valet laundry is recorded for valet cleaners. Check and review incoming laundry at end of day to ensure all items have been returned (property specific).
- Properly store secure and issue supplies as needed to meet business demands.
- Complete all reports in a timely and efficient manner as required by management.
- Establish with General Manager's approval any additional standards as needed for the Housekeeping Department.
- Review Guest Request log daily to ensure that all requests have been met taking proactive steps to address problems before they occur.
- Ensure completion of regular maintenance and cleaning projects on a biannual basis.
- Monitor all V.I.P.'s special guests and requests.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the General Manager.
The Charles Hotel experience reflects the eclecticism that is Cambridge. An urban oasis, The Charles offers something for everyone who is visiting the Boston area. Guests can soak in their academic surrounding by attending a lecture at Harvard, relax with a stroll along the Charles River, explore downtown Boston or dine at some of the Boston and Cambridge area's finest restaurants, including The Charles' own Henrietta's Table.
The Charles is an independent property, offering luxurious accommodations and all the comforts of home. Guest rooms combine New England décor with the latest technology. 18,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor banquet space merge to offer an array of options for anyone's next event.
Located just minutes from downtown Boston and a variety of world-class attractions, The Charles is a AAA Four Diamond Hotel and a proud member of Preferred Hotels and Resorts.Company Overview:
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.Benefits:
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more details
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan