About Akron Children’s Hospital
Akron Children’s Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation’s best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we’re making it easier for today’s busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children’s Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children’s Anywhere app, we’re here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
All Shifts Available
16-32 Hours per Week
Rotating Weekends and Holidays
Entry Level Candidates Encouraged to Apply!
NEW RATES OF PAY
$1,000 Sign on Bonus Offered
The Housekeeping Generalist is responsible for the daily cleaning of patient rooms and associated ancillary areas, supplying rooms with paper products, and discharge room cleaning utilizing accepted practices and procedures.
1. Is responsible for the daily cleaning of patient rooms, supplying rooms with paper products, and discharge room cleaning utilizing accepted practices and procedures.
2. Demonstrates knowledge and efficient use of cleaning techniques, solutions, equipment and tools. Ability to use the correct chemicals, supplies and tools needed for the task performed.
3. Provides preventative cleaning service for occupied patient areas according to the Ten Step Interactive Cleaning and High-Profile Cleaning Procedures. Performs discharge cleaning of patient areas according to the Interactive Discharge Procedure.
4. Adheres to all hospital and department standards for patient and quest relations. Promotes a positive image of Akron Children’s hospital.
5. Maintains high standards, work at a steady pace and achieve high QA scores.
6. Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
7. Other duties as required.
1. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
2. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
Education and Experience
1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
2. Must be able to read and understand signs, warning notices, work instructions and able to complete necessary work forms.
3. Strong Customer Service skills required.
4. Years of relevant experience: 2-3 is preferred.
5. Years of experience supervising: none.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: