The Guest Services Agent/Front Desk Clerk is responsible for assisting guests with check-in and check-out, answers and processes all phone calls received, plus handles all special requests for services or information, in accordance with standard policies and procedures. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Anticipate guest's needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of a) all hotel features/services, hours of operation. b) all room rates, special packages, and promotions. c) daily house count and expected arrivals/departures. d) scheduled daily group activities.
- Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies.
- Keep the bank secure at all times.
- Answer department telephone within 3 rings, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Process all guest check-ins.
- Verify registration card information with the guest.
- Obtain backup information for guest credit/payment method and input into system; collect cash when designated.
- Liaison with Housekeeping, Maintenance, and Sales Departments throughout the day.
- Handle overbooked or walked-in guests.
- Accept and record wake-up call requests.
- Monitor, send, and distribute guest faxes.
- Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel (i.e., special requests, amenity delivery).
- Resolve discrepancies on the room status report with Housekeeping.
- Match the bucket check to in-house guest ledger report; report discrepancies to Manager.
- Process all check-outs.
- Process adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, miscellaneous charges.
Education & Experience:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
- One year previous experience in a similar position in a hotel or customer service position.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield BNC. Eligible after 90 days
- Delta Dental. Eligible after 90 days
- Vacation & Sick Pay
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with Morgan Stanley
- Travel discounts for employee and immediate family members
Source : Comfort Inn of Utica