$15,000 SIGN ON BONUS
Why You’ll Love Being a Hospice Registered Nurse / RN at AccentCare
Do you take great pride in achieving the best possible outcomes for patients? Are you passionate about providing exceptional care? Join the AccentCare team today as a Hospice Registered Nurse / RN job.
As a Hospice Registered Nurse / RN, you will have the ability to work at the top of your licensure while working one-on-one with your clients to provide them with customized care. Under the guidance of your physician, you will develop plans of care and utilize nursing theories, skills, and techniques to provide quality care to your clients on a daily basis.
When you join AccentCare, you become part of a team that is not only dedicated to their patients, but to each other as well. Here, you will truly make a difference each and every day as you work alongside a supportive team. With a competitive benefits package, work-life balance, professional development, and an outstanding work environment, you will have everything you need to achieve success in your career. Bring your passion for patient care and you will build a career you love as a Hospice Registered Nurse / RN.
Join the AccentCare team and apply for this Hospice Registered Nurse / RN opportunity today!
Hospice Registered Nurse / RN Responsibilities:
- Assesses patient/family for physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs and collaborates with patient/family, physician, IDG to establish the plan of care, implement interventions, and/or evaluate care. Initiates and maintains communication with attending physician, Medical Director, IDG, Team Director, Team Manager and/or other agencies as needed to coordinate optimal care and use of resources for the patient/family. Documents according to protocol and maintains up-to-date patient records so that the care plan's problems, interventions, actions and goals reflect baseline, current, and ongoing status, and changes as they occur. Participates in On-Call or Admissions assignment/rotation as directed. Provides education to patient and caregiver(s) as needed based on knowledge needs and learning assessment and patient / family condition. Coordinates care with IDG and informs the Team Director/Team Manager and IDG of unusual or potentially problematic patient/family issues. Participates in orientation and ongoing education programs and maintains current professional licensure. Demonstrates familiarity and uses agency and state(s) policies and protocols pertaining to provision of hospice and nursing services to meet internal process requirements and state/federal regulations. Participates in IDG Meetings, facility patient conferences, and other patient / family meetings in coordination with IDG and /or Team Director
- Case Manager
- Proactively manages using the Case Management Recipe to coordinate all patient care activities in collaboration with IDG
- Including, but not limited to; scheduling patient visits in accordance with needs, physician collaboration, orders management, medication management, Plan of Care coordination etc… to assure continuity and quality of care and coordinated IDG efforts
- Supervises LPN's / LVN's / Hospice Aides per protocol
- May perform Admissions, GIP, CC and routine visits as assigned
- Responds to Triage Nurse to receive patient status information and coordinate follow up including visit activity, coordinating med refills and physician orders, and phone support
- Coordinates schedule and care activities with AOC as necessary
- Is free to spend time as he or she chooses until he or she becomes engaged in work
- Evaluates patient status as directed for routine and emergent visits utilizing telephonic, telemedicine and/or in-person evaluation
- Provides support for the Pre-Hospice patient and family as new medical needs are identified or questions arise, with referral to other clinicans as needed
- Contributes to the ongoing care planning process, especially regarding medical needs, with the care team and other agencies, as needed
- Evaluates patient for other appropriate services to best meet patient needs
- Collaborates with the entire care team, alerting them to changes and newly identified patient needs
Hospice Registered Nurse / RN Qualifications:
- Associates degree, preferred
- Registered Nurse license required in state(s) practicing
- Previous experience in hospice, home health, general medical surgical or patient population specific (i.e.: geriatrics, pediatric, etc.) nursing.
- Must have reliable automobile, valid driver's license, and the minimum state required liability auto insurance
Meet the regulations and requirements of the State in which the program provides services (i.e.: Current and valid CPR certification, preferred - required in Georgia. Minimum one year of experience, preferred - required in California)