As the primary architect for their high power system solutions, you will be the primary technical interface and will oversee the development and support throughout all stages of the product development lifecycle.
- Technical lead/architect for high power products in the solar, storage and EV charging market segments.
- Create and manage product level and system level specifications for products.
- Manage product and system level implementation by overseeing execution by the company's product design partners.
- Ability to design and troubleshoot products within the following markets:
- Power inverters for solar,
- Utility Scale Energy Storage w/Batteries,
- Distributed Power Generation,
- High Power DC EV Chargers,
- Technical skills required are: High Power Analog / Converter / Power Circuit Simulation / Control Panels / Cable Harness / High Power PCB Layout Experience
- Initiate designs of innovative, high efficiency, power conversion topologies and circuits at power levels in tens of kilowatts to tens of megawatts with switching frequency up to the MHz range.
- Participate in development of power conversion management systems and development of system solution for easy system install, commissioning and maintenance.
- Active participation in industry conferences and standardization bodies to influence and facilitate development of Celestica's innovative, market leading product support offerings.
- Participate in other power related technology initiatives.
- Lead power topology analysis, stability analysis, long term reliability analysis for products required to last 20+ years.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related electrical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five plus years of relevant experience in the design of products and solutions
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of power systems for the solar, storage and EV charging industries with working knowledge of power design engineering (e.g., inverters, converters, distributed electrical systems, distributed power, sensors/actuators, firmware, and thermal management)
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the product development process
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes and equipment used for systems and subassemblies
- Strong knowledge of materials and components used in the construction of Industrial systems and subassemblies
Required Skills Knowledge and Abilities:
- An "out of the box thinker with a strong desire to do things differently, challenge the status quo and find creative profitable solutions
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal skills - communication, negotiation and problem resolution
- Excellent project management, presentation, database management and computer skills
- Strategic mindset with practical orientation
- Ability to simultaneously manage several projects and coordinate multiple deadlines
- A recognized leader with the ability to effectively organize cross-functional teams and manage and motivate others
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships quickly and effectively with counterparts, leaders, key stakeholders and customers globally.
- Willingness to travel (up to 20%)