High-Capacity Forklift Operator
Who We Are:
Thompson Pipe Group is a privately held family business of engineers, contractors, and manufacturers based in Rialto, California. From our humble beginnings, we built a family of products to the needs of all kinds of infrastructure. Each generation of products is better than the previous.
Thompson Pipe Group is now the largest and most diverse drainage, sanitary, pressure and trench-less pipe provider, with manufacturing locations across the country and serving not just the US but all North America. Please visit our website at www.thompsonpipegroup.com
Responsible for performing all functions necessary to produce precast concrete products efficiently and safely under supervision. Work in a team environment to accomplish the required tasks.
- Perform pre-operation inspections on assigned forklift to ensure it is in safe operating condition, report at once any safety concerns or operational issues with the forklift.
- Operate the forklift within established standard safety guidelines and operate based on plant conditions.
- Maintain cleanliness of the vehicle both inside and out to ensure proper working condition.
- Maintain proper fluid levels and lubrication of the forklift.
- Operate the lift in a manner that does not damage the lift, other equipment, or property.
- Yard RCP and BOX Culvert, organized fashion by size, job, and designation such as short pipe and specials to ensure proper flow of product through each process.
- Additionally, support production by transferring scrap steel, trash boxes, and other materials to keep areas clean and organized.
- Previous experience operating large forklifts ranging from 15,000- 70,000lbs (7.5 tons- 35 tons)
- Other related duties as required
- Embrace strong work ethics personally and throughout company.
- Deals effectively with frequent delays, unexpected events, and changes in/or approaches/methods to best fit the situation.
- Uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans
- Looks for ways to improve and promote safety and quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality, accuracy, and thoroughness; conserves organizational resources.
- Safety and communications
- Report to management on any damaged/discrepancies with inventory; Audits
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision, and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to changes in temperature, exposure to dust and fumes.
- Use of ear plugs and other PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) – such as hard hat, steel-toes boots, gloves, and safety glasses as required
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Familiarity using tools and equipment associated with precast concrete production.
- Current certified Forklift Operator or Must pass forklift operator’s exam and training course
- Basic math skills, able to calculate load center
- Bilingual a plus (Spanish/English)
- Flexible, able to multi-task and shift priorities to support multiple areas
- Organized, able to maintain documentation as well as yarding product
- Monday to Friday
- Some Weekends required
- Overtime, 8–12-hour shifts
Must pass Pre-employment Physical and drug test.
Not A Warehouse Job. Precast Concrete Pipes is what we do.
What We Offer
- Medical, Vision and Dental, Life Benefits
- Life & Supplement Life
- Company Matched 401K retirement plan
- Vacation & Sick Leave
- Training and Development
- Career Opportunity!
- $1,000.00 Sign-On Bonus
- $1,000.00 Referral Bonus
We are located at 3009 N Laurel Avenue Rialto, CA 92377
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Thompson pipe group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer that welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or another legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EOE/AA – M/F/Vet/Disability