Helpdesk Technical Associate
Company: Salesian Missions
Company Website: www.salesianm issions.org
Salesian Missions is the main fund-raising facility in the U.S. for the Salesians of Don Bosco, a Roman Catholic charity founded by Don Bosco in 1845. Our Mission is to teach young people various trades that will help them find decent jobs and become self-sufficient, contributing members of society. The Salesians insist that the needy help themselves in whatever way they can, even minimally. They do not encourage dependence or paternalism, but strive to live up to the working maxim, “helping others to help themselves.”
Today, we continue our mission of caring for the poor children of the world with missionaries in over 131 countries. Our office is located in New Rochelle, N.Y. and employs 70 individuals.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- 2 years previous experience working as a Helpdesk/Service Desk technician for a large organization
- Ability to provide Level 1 support for all IT related issues including network connectivity, peripheral devicetroubleshooting, software configuration/installation andend user support
- Printer, Fax and Scanner troubleshooting and repair
- Advanced knowledge and understanding with supporting Microsoft Office products
- A basic familiarity with Windows Active directory administration
- Desktop PC repair and imaging
- Periodic inventory counts and Excel spreadsheet management
- Provide end-user support with a high-level of customer satisfaction.
As a member of our organization, you'd be working in an extremely
dynamic environment and be exposed to various technically challenging
situations and businesses. Additional duties may be assigned.
Monday – Friday 9:00 am-4:30 pm
- Salesian Missions offers a competitive benefits package, including health insurance, 401K with partial match and long term disability.
- A pleasant office environment and waterfront grounds.
- The opportunity to be part of a charity that benefits the world’s needy children.