Title: Service Desk / Help Desk Manager
Location: 4120 International Parkway, Carrollton, TX 75007 (Day 1 onsite)
Duration: Full Time / Permanent
The Service Desk Manager is responsible for providing leadership for the IT service desk staff and operations. This individual is also responsible for IT customer satisfaction and desktop productivity of all employees. The Manager will also research, recommend, plan and deploy new applications and/or hardware solutions that enhance employee productivity. They are the visionary leader responsible for ensuring that the IT Helpdesk organization is providing a consistent level of exceptional service
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for assuring users are provided efficient and timely first and second level support on a 7x24 basis
- Performs staff scheduling to ensure Help Desk coverage during normal business hours and on-call support as required
- Manages the Help Desk staff including consultation on performance evaluations, promotions, hiring and disciplinary responsibilities
- Provides staff support for administrative tasks and projects relative to the Desktop, Wide Area Network, Local Area Network and Telephone functions
- Monitors problem management database and follows up with assigned personnel to ensure timely resolution of problems
- Maintains a central source of information enabling Help Desk staff and support technicians to recover outages with minimal disruption to expected service levels
- Invokes problem escalation procedures to coordinate recovery
- Isolates problem trends and ensures that troubleshooting efforts are completed for recurring problems until permanent solutions are found
- Ensures that daily, weekly, and monthly statistics, status reports, and graphical reporting aids are completed and continually modified to meet the needs of the department
- Ensures that decisions made to improve the overall customer support of the Help Desk are continually carried through
- Coordinates training requirements of Help Desk personnel
- Contributes to departmental productivity and development objectives by participating in training programs
- Provides leadership by projecting a positive attitude, and providing learning incentives
- Accurately communicates pertinent information. Assists in the development and implementation of quality improvement programs for assigned department(s)
- Solves problems and makes decisions on a daily basis relative to Help Desk responsibilities.
- Ensures that effective Help Desk representation takes place for the coordination of work processes and projects with other departments and divisions
- Interfaces with users of technology, employing a high degree of tact and diplomacy to promote a positive image of the department. Resolves problem situations in a professional manner. Accurately communicates pertinent information to create a work environment that lends itself to the best interests of departmental personnel and customer service Performs duties in a cost-effective manner to avoid waste of resources without jeopardizing quality of care and service
- Maintains competency and enhances professional growth and development through continuing education and conferences
- Serves as the around-the-clock contact for all related support issues, providing advanced first level technology support
- Meets with technology technicians, attends seminars and reads industry related publications to remain abreast of technology advances and aid in the MCS technology planning effort
- Accountable for meeting systems infrastructure or operational Service Level Agreements established by Chief Officer for Technology Services
- Management skills are required to successfully perform the planning, directing, reporting and administrative responsibilities of this position
- Demonstrated management and decision making skills concerning Information
- Systems policies, processes and procedures, with a proved track record of completing tasks and/or project within budget and on schedule
- Ability to manage multiple high priority initiatives in a fast paced highly technical environment
- Remains on-call during off-peak hours to respond to support service issues
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Chief Officer for Technology Services
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- 5+ years of IT experience is required.
- 3+ years of management experience is required.
- Experience in managing and coaching support analysts is required.
- Bachelor s Degree in computer science, network engineering or related field required or commensurate experience considered.
- A+ Certification
- Experience working and managing a Service Desk
- POS experience required
- Restaurant Industry experience a plus.
- Must have demonstrated ability to organize and manage distributed systems.
- Requires being on call and the ability to respond to emergency issues during off hours
Diverse Lynx LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive due consideration for employment without any discrimination. All applicants will be evaluated solely on the basis of their ability, competence and their proven capability to perform the functions outlined in the corresponding role. We promote and support a diverse workforce across all levels in the company.
Source : Diverse Linx