Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions!Job Description:
Healthcare Security Assistant Manager in Greater Los Angeles
Pay Range: $60,000-$65,000 yr
SUMMARY: As an Assistant Security Manager, you will perform a variety of functions that may include: assist the Security Account Manager with the management and oversight of the security operations; supervise administrative support staff, supervisors, and security officers. Assist with the functions of physical and personal security and safety measures of members, patients, staff, and visitors. Protect staff and property from theft or damage, or persons from hazards or interference, including the potential for violence in the workplace. Proactively identify problems and quickly implement appropriate solutions. Preserve order and enforce regulations pertaining to personnel, visitors, and ensure the safety of the Healthcare premises and direct and monitor performance of security officers in a friendly and professional manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
· Assist the Security Manager to plan and manage security services, prioritize administrative tasks, and drive operations at an assigned site
· Act in the absence of the Account Manager as needed
· Maintain liaison with appropriate facility personnel, administration stakeholders, and support emergency response agencies
· Interpret and implement applicable policies and procedures
· Assist with subordinate training on facility-specific procedures and policies
· Supervise subordinates so they perform their functions effectively
· Evaluate and document subordinate’s performance
· Coach, develop and lead administrative support staff, security officers and supervisors Observe, and immediately report, any signs of crime, disorder, safety hazard, and unusual activity
· Patrol on foot or vehicle for unsafe conditions, blocked entryways, security violations, mechanical problems, and unauthorized individuals
· Quickly identify potential negative situations and implement effective countermeasures
· Verbally and physically de-escalate individuals as needed
· Direct persons causing a disturbance to exit the property in a calm and respectful manner
· Respond to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, or inclement weather with calm urgency
· Prepare logs and investigative reports, as required, by writing, typing, or entering accurate information that can be easily interpreted by branch management, the client, outside agencies and fellow officers and supervisors
· Review and oversee corrections to appropriate subordinate’s reports
· Readiand interpret police reports, local and state law, and procedure manuals
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required to be hired. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Formal Education, Licenses, and Certifications Required:
· Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a high school diploma, GED, or 5 years of verifiable experience
· Have a reliable and functional means of communication (i.e., cell phone)
· Must own a reliable form of transportation (may be used in performance of duties)
· Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
· The legal right to work in the United States
· Possess a valid government-issued driver’s license or state-issued I.D.
· Active state issued guard card
· Successfully pass the client’s pre-employment screening process (Drug Test, Health Screen, Criminal Background Check)
· Ability to properly wear an N95 mask and adhere to social distancing guidelines while onsite
· Complete healthcare competency assessment and training on defusing assaultive behaviorsHave the ability to plan, organize and implement administrative and operational programs and procedures
· Basic computer skills
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required:
Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a Healthcare security management role or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Must have or be able to obtain IAHSS basic, advanced and supervisor certification within six months of employmentDemonstrate excellent written, verbal, interpersonal communication, and organizational skills
· Ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse culturesAbility to be an effective team member and manage multiple teams and tasks with good time-management
· Knowledge of or ability to learn security operations and procedures
· Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or illustrated form.
· Pass each healthcare competency exam and/or skills lab including managing or defusing assaultive behavior training program or similar course as described by the client
· Adhere to applicable state, county, and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers
· Maintain professional composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, the public, and under conditions of urgent crisis situations
· Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization.
· Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Courteous and professional telephone manner
· High-quality customer service skills
As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws
OTHER RELATED ATTRIBUTES THAT WOULD ENHANCE HIRING CONSIDERATION:
These are other criteria that may enhance the hiring decision but would not rule out the candidate for consideration if not present.
· Knowledge, training, and/or experience in safety, fire protection, civil disturbance, emergency preparedness procedures and planning, CPR/AED., Security and Safety issues and standards as set forth by healthcare regulatory agencies is preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENT:
· Able to frequently sit, stand, walk, and climb during shifts for potentially long periods of time
· Able to reach with arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and grasp objects with hands and fingers
· Able to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 75 poundsAbility to move quickly throughout the Healthcare facility and respond to situations and emergencies.
· Able to physically restrain people and assist in moving the restrained individuals
· Comfortable working in various environments with or without the use of protective gear and devices, with possible exposure to deadly weapons, injury from violent persons, infectious persons, gases and fumes, blood and bodily fluids, hazardous chemicals, inclement weather, and noise levels in the work environment ranging from extreme noise to extreme quiet
· May be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
· Must be able to submit to drug screening to the extent permissible by law
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
· May be required to use vehicle for the performance of duties.
· May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and confidential information.
· The duties of this job include possible exposure to deadly weapons, injury from violent persons, infectious persons, gases and fumes, blood and body fluids, hazardous chemicals, heat, wind, rain and cold; the employee must understand and demonstrate the ability to take protective actions, following established guidelines. The noise level in the work environment can vary from extreme noise to extreme quiet.
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.Requisition ID:2022-838673