HEALTH SERVICES CONSULTANT
In performing this work your duties will include but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and implement a targeted plan of care to decrease avoidable emergency department usage for MaineCare members.
- Partner with hospitals to provide ongoing education to MaineCare members and the MaineCare Provider community.
- Work with other members of the Care Coordination Unit to monitor work queues and complete assigned tasks.
- Collect data and prepare records, reports and statistical information to assist in the evaluation and measurement of wellness programs and the ED Collaborative
- Develop plans of care for clinically complex MaineCare members.
- Attend conferences regularly for wellness initiatives available within the community.
- Provide outreach to MaineCare members in the community via phone, mail, and fax.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWDEDGE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIRMENTS:
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of professional nursing practice.
- Knowledge of current standards of care and practices relating to services provided by health care facilities, agencies, and practitioners.
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct the work of others.
- Ability to maintain objectivity and professionalism during unusual and stressful circumstances.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to write clearly and effectively.
- Ability to draw valid conclusions, use critical thinking skills, and make independent decisions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations relative to the qualifications of health care professionals and paraprofessionals.
- Knowledge of community organizations and resources.
- Knowledge of state licensing and federal certification regulations for health care providers.
- Knowledge of federal and state accreditation commissions and standards.
- Knowledge of Department policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the Maine Medical Assistance Manual.
- Ability to interpret and apply federal and state rules and regulations.
- Ability to provide technical assistance.
- Ability to develop and implement corrective actions.
Licensed Nurse and three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in the field of nursing and/or in the delivery of health care services.
Licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the State of Maine as issued by the State Board of Nursing. RN is preferred; however, an LPN is acceptable if a RN is not available.
Source : US Tech Solutions, Inc.