visitors to ensure satisfaction. A head server may have to take initiative and get creative
in resolving guest challenges and involve a supervisor only when previous methods have been unsuccessful.
Essential Job Functions
• Supervises and coordinates activities of dining-room employees engaged in providing courteous, attentive and rapid service to customers
• Provides adequate instruction and training of dining-room employees when necessary
• Understands the importance of adhering to high customer service standards
• Maintains excellent knowledge about menu items and ingredients
• Ensures that orders are complete and food looks appealing before being served to a guest
• Ensures that all food is delivered to guest in a timely manner
• Maintains knowledge of all table numbers
• Performs all opening, running, and closing duties
• Works hard to resolve any complaints regarding food or service
• Other duties as requested by manager
• Must posses a positive attitude and work well with other team members
• Be able to work positively under pressure in a fast paced time sensitive restaurant environment
• Must be proficient in the use of Aloha Point-of-sale (POS) terminals
• Excellent critical thinking and time management skills
• Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
• Be willing to follow direction and ask questions for clarification if needed.
• Must be able to respond appropriately to emergency situations to avoid imminent danger to self and others.
• Must have the physical abilities to carry out the functions of the job descriptions.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by team members to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable ones with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, one will be regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle, feel, lift & carry; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or listen. One will be occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. One may occasionally need to lift and/or move up to 30-50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Work Wear Requirements
• Clean, restaurant industry specific non-slip shoes
• Socks must be worn