Are you ready for a career and not just another "job"? We are a third generation family-owned company and we are growing! We are looking for driven individuals who are willing to learn and grow with us. Here are the details:
REPORTS TO: Hand Finishing Manager
SUMMARY: Leads, directs and trains shift workers in the setup and completion of jobs to meet all customer specifications and on time delivery. Provides input to Area Process Manager for performance evaluations. Backup for Area Process Manager when absences occur. Responsible for providing customers with a quality, packaged product in a timely manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs and controls the daily workflow of the shift and the activities of staff to best assure on time delivery according to customer specifications.
- Plans completion of jobs on shift, and organizes staff, materials, and equipment setups.
- Works with staff performing manual tasks such as kitting, inserting, hand folding, hand collating, taping, etc. efficiently and accurately according to job ticket and customer specifications.
- Oversees the proper use and maintenance of hand finishing equipment and supplies; maintains strict safety standards in the use and application of automated machinery.
- Trains new staff regarding proper finishing procedures and current staff when new equipment is purchased.
- Responsible for all personnel and/or safety issues that might arise in the department on assigned shift. Enforces safety regulations within the department.
- Leads and directs staff in the timely completion of their tasks, builds a team atmosphere both within the department and among the other production areas.
- Prepares any required labels utilizing available computers and printing equipment; packs and labels finished product according to job specifications, customer instructions, and shipping requirements utilizing appropriate materials and procedures in order to eliminate waste, spoilage, and excess shipping costs.
- Maintains quality standards by inspecting for quality in the course of performing the various tasks assigned in the Hand Finishing Department.
- Performs all necessary written internal and external documentation with complete and accurate information as required by internal procedures (load tags, etc.) and/or customer specifications.
- Keeps work area neat and clean; takes care of any equipment utilized following specified work procedures.
- Reports time and materials consumption accurately, limits waste of materials and supplies.
- Comes to work when assigned and on time, works overtime when requested according to company rules.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Area Process Manager or Shift Lead.
- Performs job duties in accordance with all corporate work policies and procedures and Federal, state, local, and company safety rules.
- Ability to lead and direct the work activities of staff meeting all delivery schedules as well as adhering to all corporate policies and standards.
- Ability to follow verbal and written job instructions, including those dealing with weights, dimensions and quantity. Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
- Level of work activity is usually heavy involving lifting and exerting up to 75 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Must be able to move easily throughout the plant on foot, and stand for the majority of the work shift and perform pushing, pulling, stooping, bending, reaching, and lifting functions.
- Position requires the ability to operate smaller pieces of automated equipment. Basic mechanical aptitude and ability to perform repetitive manual tasks required. Manual dexterity and excellent eye/hand coordination are required to safely manipulate equipment settings utilize hand tools; move carts and skids with finished product throughout the plant.
- Must be a high school graduate or GED equivalent.
- Experience in a high-quality commercial print company.
- Two years of direct lead bindery or supervisory experience is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of manual and bindery operations.
- Must test in the normal range for color blindness.
- Must successfully pass pre-employment skills testing, background screen, physical and drug test.