Under the guidance and direction of an assigned Registered Nurse, the Graduate Nurse provides care and treatment in accordance with physician orders. This position is for nurses who have completed nursing school and are working towards obtaining State Board licensure. Duties cannot be performed unless under “direct supervision” and “observation” of RN or LPN/LVN.
- Assists in determining nursing and health needs of patients.
- Helps assess and record patient progress.
- Performs a wide variety of nursing duties as part of on-the-job training.
- Administers medications and treatments under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- Adheres to scope of practice limitations based on qualifications.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- Valid State licensure as an LPN (use job code 7020) or RN (use job code 7021).
Shift work may be required. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Participate in (or conducts) company-sponsored training to safeguard against improper use and disclosure of resident’s protected health information.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with company policies, procedures and state and federal law.