The Restaurant General Manager delivers exceptional results through others. They provide an engaging
environment for restaurant teams and guests; while focusing on delivering operational excellence. Chicken
Salad Chick Managers invest their time in developing future leaders, creating memorable experiences,
reinforcing the Chicken Salad Chick Culture; managing administration; and maintaining the facility. The
Restaurant Manager consistently keeps our brand promises, inspire their teams and deliver great results.
- Exert up to 40 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects • Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility, including bending and stooping, for the duration of the workday
- Must be able to work and perform all duties at any station in the kitchen or service area
Education and Experience:
- Three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to multitask
- Working knowledge of back office tools
- Ability to quickly learn and master new computer software
- Allocate at least two hours per week to planning
- Focus on systematically and effectively communicating all Kitchen related goals and success factors to Team Members
- Combine critical thinking and practical leadership to create a culture of innovation
- Effectively coach and give direction
- Intentionally and methodically grow and nurture relationships with the staff
- Be able to connect with a multicultural team
- Align hiring, training, daily practices and evaluation practices with the Vision of the organization and the Thematic Goal for the year
- Enthusiastically and passionately lead the Kitchen team
- Serve as a Brand Ambassador for Chicken Salad Chick.
- Understand & adhere to all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, and training programs.
- Understand and comply with all federal, state, county, and municipal regulations about health, safety, and labor requirements for the restaurant, employees, and guests.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly, and courteous service. • Ensure that all products are consistently prepared and served according to CSC standards.
- Achieve identified objectives for sales, service, quality, the appearance of facility and sanitation, and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Develop, plan and implement restaurant marketing, advertising, and promotional activities and campaigns, following the Brand Standards.
- Create, communicate, implement and follow up on operations and financial action plans.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures.
- Make employment and termination decisions consistent with Restaurant Management guidelines.
- Oversee and ensure that employee performance appraisals are completed on a timely basis.
- Create and maintain schedules for team.
- Effectively maximize labor performance by scheduling to business trends while delivering a superb experience to every guest.
- Operationally fill in as needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Coach and motivate the Assistant Manager(s) and the team.
- Continually strive to develop staff in all areas of managerial and professional development.
- Prepare all required paperwork, forms, and reports in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure that all products are received in the correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed following the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Set clear expectations and create a working environment and serve as a role model to create memorable guest experiences.
- Take actions to solve and celebrate guest feedback.
- Control food and equipment inventories conduct daily and weekly inventory counts, and keep inventory records.
- Identify problems, conduct high-level troubleshooting, and seek repair/maintenance support for restaurant equipment to ensure equipment is operational.
- Monitor and maintain compliance with health, safety, cleanliness, security, and fire policies, standards, and regulations.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair, and consistent corrective action for violations of company policies, rules, and procedures. • Always adhere to Brand Standards for uniform appearance and personal grooming.
Chicken Salad Chick provides a delicious menu with a variety of 12 Chicken Salads, homemade sides, delicious soups, and great sandwiches. This location is one of the originals to the franchise and we are looking for a hospitality professional to help us maintain a team of excellence and superb service.