General Manager Job Summary:
Operate a million dollar business! General managers create strategies, lead teams and ensure compliance of standards and policies. A successful General Manager is a thoughtful leader, strategic decision maker, aids the team in their development and productivity while ensuring the business remains healthy and profitable.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manages and oversees all the entire restaurant operation, ensures all operations follow brand and company standards.
- Delivers exceptional guest satisfaction and empowers the restaurant team to be effective in guest recovery. Understands that our success begins with a satisfied guest. Ensures service and cleanliness requirements follow Ops manual for a pleasant environment.
- Ensures execution of new menu items meet brand standards. Including but not limited product ordering,team training, placement of marketing materials and quality control.
- Ensures cleanliness, maintenance and safety protocols are followed according to the standards.
- Aware of the local community. Analyzes our competitors and opportunities. Actively seeks opportunities for catering in the area as well as seeks opportunities for community involvement with fundraisers, etc.
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels and conducts daily and weekly inventory counts.
- Ensures all Safety programs are being followed for crew members and guests. Reports incidents in a detailed and quick manner.
- Directly supervises Assistant Managers, Shift Leaders, and all crew level team members. Holds the team accountable and motivates the team for achievement of goals/standards.
- Coaches, councils, disciplines and develops all restaurant personnel. Gives regular feedback for improvement and recognizes achievements.
- Recruits, interviews and hires personnel for the restaurant. General managers are required to maintain a fully staffed unit and ensure all team members are properly trained and developed. Including promoting and developing members of the management team.
- Required to promote and develop a new manager at a minimum rate of 1 promotion per a 6 month period.
- Responsible for restaurant personnel file administrations such as maintaining employees records, performance reviews, disciplinary documents, and timekeeping adjustment records.
- Responsible for all company funds and assets including cash, inventory, equipment, tablets, etc.
- Implements and innovates sales growth plans.
- Maintains the restaurant in a profitable status by controlling costs, such as labor, food, packaging, operations supplies, utilities and repair.
- Ensures restaurant meets or exceeds brand score expectations in food safety and guest service metrics.
- Must have high mobility/flexibility. Requires bending, stooping, kneeling, and reaching.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull 40lbs.
- Extensive standing and walking.
- Exposure to heat, cold, steam and smoke.
- Minimum of one year experience in restaurant management.
- Ability to effectively speak, read and write in English. Second language is a plus.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- ServSafe Certification is required.
We are a licensed El Pollo Loco Franchisee company with 28 restaurants ( and many more in the pipeline ) over 500 team members strong and more joining our vision everyday. Located in Northern California, our name says it all TWS ( Together We Succeed ).
We are in an exponential growth mode and set to have at least 35 El Pollo Loco restaurants by the end of 2025 and eventually looking to a multi-brand expansion throughout the USA.