You ask instead of command. You see opportunities rather than problems. Share your vision and inspire others.
Sodexo is seeking a General Manager 4 for Lake Park Senior Living in Oakland, CA. Lake Park brings together a mix of accomplished, diverse seniors near the beauty of Oakland’s Lake Merritt. With views of the lake and city, along with all the opportunities our vibrant, eclectic neighborhood has to offer, our senior living community is the perfect place for an active, urban life. Full P&L responsibility with knowledge of financial reporting, food ordering, inventory, employee scheduling, menu development, point-of-sale systems and marketing is needed. The ability to work with assigned chef and supervisors to achieve these goals is required, as is the ability to motivate staff to achieve a high-level of customer-satisfaction.Great communication and organization skills will assist the candidate in being successful in this environment. Candidates already with a CDM preferred as well.
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- deliver high quality food service;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- develop strategic plans;
- create a positive environment; and/or
- ensure Sodexo standards are met.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- have culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and/or
- can demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems (FMS) and The Market Connection (TMC), and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
Employees who work in Healthcare and Seniors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and upload proof of vaccination via an online portal.
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.Key Duties- Directs all contract services.- Oversees management/administrative team who are responsible for special functions, cash control and payroll.- Customer and client satisfaction- Drives growth - Financial management
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.