Techflow / EMI is looking for a General Clerk II who primarily receives, records, and distributes work orders to service crews upon customers' requests for repairs and maintenance.
This General Clerk II is a highly responsible and detailed clerical position essential to the successful completion of the operations. Work involves proficiency in the utilization of Maximo (an online government database program), distribution of information and messages by direct personal, written, or telephone contact. Work is performed under general supervision according to established procedures.
- Must be knowledgeable in current office equipment and standard business computer programs and proficient in Maximo.
- Records information, such as name, address, article to be repaired, or service to be rendered.
- Distinguish tickets in the query and assigns them to the correct department.
- Prepares work orders and distributes to service crew, schedules service calls and dispatches service crew.
- Relay messages and special instructions to mobile crews and other departments using a two-way radio.
- Schedules and dispatches all preventative and cyclic maintenance work orders as well.
- Inputs technician’s time and notes in the ticket.
- Close out tickets by putting them in a completed status with detailed notes for documentation.
- Calls or writes the customer to follow up and insure satisfactory performance of service.
- Troubleshoot any discrepancies or researches complex work orders when necessary.
- Keeps record of service calls and work orders by maintain proper filing of completed work orders.
- Communicate regularly with Public Safety, EMS Personnel, Fire Department, Public Works and other agencies to assist mechanics with gaining access to buildings.
- Issue and sign out keys for Active Duty Military personnel and other Government Officials.
- Maintain a key log.
- Sign and issue building turnovers to new barracks and other Government building recently re-keyed.
- Operates standard office equipment such as computers, typewriters, and copiers.
- Assists in compiling reports related to the unit's activities.
- May interact with vendors in matters regarding supplies and materials.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent. Each complete year of accredited college education in a related field may be substituted for the equivalent number of years of the required experience
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain access to military installations required
- Must have good technical writing skills with ability to take complex information and make it understandable. Candidate may be tested on this.
- Work with MAXIMO highly desirable
- Carrying objects/boxes/print-outs short distances.
- Extensive work with a personal computer.
- May require lifting and moving as much as 25 pounds with assistance as needed.
What We Do
EMI is an industry-leading provider of DOD base operation support services, facilities maintenance, logistics, and IT support. EMI consistently delivers cost-saving through best value innovations and quality service that exceeds our clients’ expectations.
What Sets Us Apart
The Right Partner: EMI has grown by gaining our customers’ trust and our employees’ loyalty. We’ve successfully performed over 60 service contracts, and we understand the unique challenges facing today’s military. We offer exceptional responsiveness and a strong commitment to customer satisfaction. We demonstrate this commitment by consistently earning some of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry.
The Right Team: The EMI team includes over 250 high-achieving professionals, administrative and trades personnel deployed in various locations throughout the United States. At times, we augment our in-house capabilities with proven and capable business partners.The Right Approach: EMI brings vast expertise and proven solutions to augment our clients’ operations. We provide a platform that delivers seamless mission support and exceptional customer service in a very cost-effective and repeatable solution.
- Generous benefits package
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Wellness Resources