SUMMARY to perform all kinds of welding, layout, fitting, brazing, and cutting using gas and electric welding equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following for associates. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receives instructions, prints, and work orders for the job. Plans details of working procedure and tools and material requirements.
- Fabricates parts by cutting, burning, and welding various metals. Repairs parts by using welding techniques and appropriate welding equipment.
- Cleans and prepares surfaces to be welded. Sets up, assembles, and tacks weld parts.
- Builds up worn or defective surfaces.
- Layout and fitting per customer drawings.
- Uses burning equipment to dismantle assemblies and to cut material to size and shape.
- Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- All other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to read blueprints and understand GD&T.
- Minimum of three years of welding experience
- Must have attention and care to prevent injury to others when performing work.
- Must pass math and weld symbol test
- Ability to work in a team environment successfully
- Must perform tasks safely as instructed orally and in written format
- Ability to read and speak English
- Must have knowledge of the metric system
- Ability to maneuver up to 200 lbs. independently
- Ability to safely lift 50 lbs. without assistance
- Ability to read measuring taps and calipers
**Once you receive all mandatory certifications, pay will go up+**
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED required; three years related experience.
Ability to travel out of state for training as needed
Ability to read, write and understand oral and written instructions, information gathered from meters, dials, calibrated scales, visual display units. Ability to receive and understand instructions via radio or phone. Ability to summarize verbal instructions.
Ability to perform basic math calculations and analyze written basic numerical information; use ruler, scales and other physical measuring instruments.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The associate is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds independently and maneuver up to 200 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.