REFUSE COLLECTOR - SOLID WASTE
This position handles heavy manual work in the collection and disposal of solid waste.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
· Handles, carries and empties receptacles and bags containing solid waste. Handles and carries yard trash such as limbs and leaves. Deposits waste into a collection vehicle. Operates compaction mechanism of the vehicle.
· Rides on a platform on the collection vehicle between stops, frequently stepping off and on the step
· Operates one or more of the following occasionally on an assigned basis:
· Pick-up trucks, some with automated lift gate
· Lawn maintenance equipment
Minimum Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each essential duty or responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities; education and/or experience; and certificates or licenses required, to fill the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Ability to read, understand and implement instructions
· Ability to perform heavy manual labor
Education and Experience:
· Graduation from high school or possession of a GED certificate; and any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted above.
• Ability to read, understand and implement instructions • Ability to perform heavy manual labor