Dog walking on â€œthe appsâ€ isnâ€™t all that itâ€™s cracked up to be. Are you tired of an inconsistent schedule? Do you want to actually make a living walking dogs and be able to create a livable budget for yourself? How about having the protections of being an employee? Or maybe you just want to work with a team and have the support of local on-call managers when you find yourself in a jam? You donâ€™t have to do this alone. There is a better way to be a dog walker!
Weâ€™re a three-time Best of Philly winning, family-owned company. Our 15 employees make up the best dog walking team in Philadelphia. Our team has done over 500,000 walks since 2005 and we visit hundreds of homes each weekday. Many of the walkers in Philly are hired as â€œindependent contractorsâ€ by national technology corporations trying to cash in on the "gig economy" or local companies trying to dodge taxes. Not with us! When joining our crew you become a valued employee (with job security, consistent weekday hours, Paid Time Off, workers comp coverage, etc).
We're looking for a full-time employee who would be expected to complete 9-10 dog walks per weekday in Rittenhouse, Logan Square and Graduate Hospital sections of Philadelphia. Our employees are compassionate, consistent and honest and weâ€™re looking for a new team member that embodies these qualities.
- Be able to work Monday-Friday 10AM â€“ 4:30PM. Most full-time employees complete 9-10 dog walks each weekday, starting at around 10AM and wrapping up around 5PM Monday through Friday. (We also have part time positions available: 11AM - 3PM.)
- Employees must be able to handle the physical requirements of the job. This includes 6-7 hours of walking and getting to and from various client's homes.
- Willingness to work in sleet, snow, heat waves, and 40-degree rain. (Every day canâ€™t be 70 degrees and sunny.)
- Access to reliable transportation. (Bike, motorcycle, scooter or car.) We have a concise service area, but Minders can expect a 2-5 minute commute between each home/walk via some form of transportation.
- Be able to follow instructions and provide care accordingly. Details matter when it comes to caring for peopleâ€™s beloved dogs. (We have a comprehensive scheduling app that makes this a breeze. Employees can view their schedule weeks in advance and get all of the information they need about their daily visits right from their phone.)
- Willingness to participate in ongoing paid training, and paid staff meetings. (We also have optional Happy Hours & Book Club for our employees too.)
- During the pandemic, all employees must also follow our safety guidelines and respond to daily health check-ins.
Great Candidates Must Have:
- Urban dog handling experience. If you do not have a dog of your own, having dog handling experience is absolutely required.
- Great writing and verbal skills for communication with our clients. Show us your writing skills on your application questions.
- All employees must be vaccinated for Covid-19. Some of our clients are immunocompromised and we enter their homes.
- The ability to work independently and maintain a field-based schedule. (Our app helps with that!)
- Generous starting pay and Direct Deposit.
- Paid time off is included for all of our employees. (Paid vacations are awesome.)
- All of our walkers are hired as employees, not Independent Contractors. We offer job stability and support. Our employees are a valued part of our business, not just contractors we hire to get things done!
- Consistent weekday scheduling. Our industry is notorious for choppy / ad hoc scheduling. Our company is different. Our weekday walk scheduling is done in on an ongoing basis so employees have paychecks and weekday schedules they can rely on.
The â€œgigâ€ economy gets a bad reputation, and a lot of it is deserved. Let us show you that there is another way to walk dogs (and make a living doing so.) Working for a small business is vastly different than working for a tech corporation. Weâ€™re looking for candidates who want a career as a caregiver, supported by a local small business that has been around for over 16 years.
Powered by JazzHR