Job Title: Power BI Architect/Engineer
Location Richmond, VA
Duration: 6+ months
- Business Objects to PowerBI Migration Continuous review and support of the new modernized data lake and Power BI data architecture and support in migrating high-priority reports to the Power BI reporting tool.
- Architect, Analysis, Design, Development mew Power BI reports under the direction of Virginia Department of Taxation management to support Business objects to Power BI migration project.
- Extract data and generate Reports to internal or external customers.
- Support daily ETL moving data from online transaction system to reporting datamart.
- Support reporting and reports dissemination functions via in-house .net application utilizing Business Objects RESTful web services Responsible for Power BI architecture, data source management using data lakes, migration of reports to Azure cloud
- Responsible for approach and direction of all Power BI architecture, and data architecture activities. Assesses and aligns architecture and recommendations to meet targeted business and technology objectives.
- Consolidate and design solutions to position to migrate reports to Azure Cloud in Microsoft Stack
- Certification in Microsoft Certified Azure Data Engineer & Data Analyst
- 10+ plus years of experience designing, building and implementing Reports and Dashboards using Power Bi Platform
- 10+ years of experience using SQL Server, SSRS and SSAS.
- 10+ years of architecting, building and implementing complex Data Lakhs, Data pipelines and data warehouse
- 10+ years of experience designing, building and implementing Azure BI Services
- 7+ years experience in Extract Transform Load (ETL) development using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) or Informatica.
- 10+ years of experience in independently analyzing program specifications and coding and test programs according to specifications
- 10+ extensive experience in writing SQL queries using joins, Stored procedures (SP) etc
- 7+ years experience migrating reports from on-prem business intelligence environment PowerBI Server to PowerBI Azure cloud
- 7+ years building Azure data factory, data ingestion pipelines into Azure Data Lake Store (ADLS) 7+ years building Azure data factory, data ingestion
- Experience working with Agile/scrum project management methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to collaborate with other application development teams, and team leads business analysts.
Source : Crescens Inc.