What You Will Do
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products customers need. As a Customer Service Associate, this means:
• Being friendly and professional, welcoming customers to Lowe’s and helping with home improvement project needs.
• Validating loading tickets and processing orders and deliveries accurately so customers receive merchandise as expected and in a timely manner.
• Engaging in safe work practices and encouraging others to do the same.
The Customer Service Associate is responsible for customers’ experience with Lowe’s. This associate plays a critical role in helping our customers select the right products, ensuring quotes are accurate, verifying correct price labels, and confirming that all customer needs are met. In addition, this associate delivers excellent customer service by listening to customers, using expertise to help customers, and loading merchandise for customers. This associate must always remain vigilant and report any safety or security concerns around the entrance of the store.
The Customer Service Associate responsibilities vary dependent on the department he/she supports. Customer Service Associates work in one of the following areas: Appliances, Cabinets, Flooring, Live Nursery, Millwork, Fashion Plumbing, Outlet, Tool Rental, Pro, or Windows & Walls. Individuals applying for a role as a Customer Service Associate may be considered for any one of these areas, depending on hiring needs and skillset.
Travel Requirements: This role does not require regular travel; however, this role may need to travel on occasion to meetings, trainings, or to support neighboring stores.
What We're Looking For
• Hourly Full Time or Part Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 or up to 25 hours per week, respectively; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
• Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of the week.
• Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
• CSAs assigned to the Greeter departments (available in select stores) minimally must be able to lift 10 pounds without assistance; may lift over 10 pounds with or without assistance.
• CSAs assigned to all other departments (excluding Greeter departments) minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
What You Need To Succeed
• 6 months of experience using a computer, including inputting, accessing, modifying, or outputting information.
• 6 months experience using common retail technology, such as smart phones and tablets.
• Ability to obtain sales related licensure or registration as may be required by law.
• 6 months of sales experience identifying and selling products based on customer needs, including credit cards, installations, add-on sales, and explaining warranties, product features, and benefits.
• 6 months of retail experience providing customer service, including identifying and resolving customer issues, assisting customers in locating product, greeting customers, answering phones, building relationships with customers, and thanking customers for their business.
• Bi-lingual skills, if applicable to the store.
• Certification in trade related to department (e.g., hardware, kitchen, plumbing, electrical, lawn and garden, and lumber/building materials).
EEO StatementLowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.