Join Serco in support of the Fleet Systems Engineering Team – known as the FSET.
This is a San Diego, CA based position supporting Navy Information Warfare Systems Command (NAVWAR) Fleet Readiness Directorate (FRD).
The FSET program facilitates the effective operation of all NAVWAR afloat and ashore C4I systems throughout the entire Operational Fleet Readiness Plan (OFRP) cycle. The FSET program is responsible to supply senior technical advisors and system engineers that provide end-to-end C4I systems engineering support to all Numbered Fleet Command ships, Carrier and Expeditionary Strike Groups (CSGs, ESGs), Amphibious Ready Groups and at global locations that support forward deployed Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) ships throughout each OFRP phase. The FSET program provides systems engineering and technical support for the rapid introduction of new capabilities into the Fleet through fleet experimentation and operational fleet exercises in-port and underway.
Finance plays an important role in the overall success of the FSET assisting with project management functions.
In this role, you will:
- Act as a member of the Financial Analyst team analyzing financial data and providing forecasting support.
- Preparing reports and projections based off financial data.
- Monitor project financial execution to achieve maximum effectiveness for the FSET.
- Demonstrate proficient use of Microsoft Office applications (Access, Excel, Power Point, Project, Word)
- This is a non-supervisory position.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- An Associate Degree in Accounting or other financial disciplines or equivalent experience.
- Four (4) years of relevant experience with general accounting and other financial disciplines.
- Experience with creating financial models for management decisions.
- Experience with monitoring variances, identification of trends and development of recommendations for financial management decisions.
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to interact with key stakeholders and leadership.
- Advanced knowledge and use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be located within one hour from NAVWAR San Diego-Old Town Campus.
Serco Inc. is using this posting for the purpose of responding to a proposal. We are seeking qualified candidates in the event of a contract award. This position is not currently funded/active. Should Serco be awarded the contract, and you meet the qualifications of the position, you will be considered in the selection process.
If you are interested in supporting and working with our U.S. Department of Defense and a passionate Serco team- then submit your application now for immediate consideration. It only takes a few minutes and could change your career!
Military Veterans and Spouses encouraged to apply!Company Overview:
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has over 9,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
To review Serco benefits please visit: https://www.serco.com/na/careers/benefits-of-choosing-serco.
If you require an accommodation with the application process please email: email@example.com or call the HR Service Desk at 800-628-6458, option 1. Please note, due to EEOC/OFCCP compliance, Serco is unable to accept resumes by email.
Serco does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies without being a contracted approved vendor. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Serco and will not be obligated to pay a placement or contract fee. If you are interested in becoming an approved vendor at Serco, please email Agencies@serco-na.com.
COVID-19 Regulations: Serco complies with all applicable COVID-19 requirements. This may require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, provide attestations regarding vaccination status and/or COVID-19 testing, or satisfy other conditions of employment that Serco deems appropriate, and employees may be required to show proof of vaccination and/or negative COVID-19 test results as a condition of employment (except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation).