$3,000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Front Pharmacy Technician, your contributions will extend beyond fulfilling prescriptions. You’ll incorporate your knowledge of specialty medications as you work through the authorization process including review of physician's letters of medical necessity and reviewing/approving requests for prescription prior authorizations. Along the way, you’ll discover the training, support and career opportunities you’d expect from a Fortune 7 leader.
- Prescription Processing, interpreting physicians' prescriptions, create order, access/inputs/retrieve prescription information and verify reimbursement eligibility
- Root Cause analysis
- Complete training and upskilling in specific areas as needed
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Extensive work experience, possibly in multiple functions
- Work does not usually require established procedures
- Works independently
- Requires current pharmacy technician state license or national certification without restrictions based on regulatory requirements of worksite
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. Strong attention to detail and computer skills are required as you confirm prescription orders and information for the automated fulfillment for accuracy. It’s a fast paced, high volume environment where accuracy is essential. The role also requires you to monitor products that have been recalled to ensure safety protocols are followed.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/ GED or above
- 1 year or more of Pharmacy Technician experience
- Unrestricted Pharmacy Technician License or National Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB)
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation (6:00 am - 10:00 pm PST) including the training period, where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work overtime and / or weekends / holidays, as needed
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas, In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: health care, healthcare, Managed Care, Pharmacy Technician, Optum, OptumRx, UnitedHealthcare, pharmacy, pharmacy technician license, UnitedHealth Group, retail pharmacy, lead, lead pharmacy technician, front end pharmacy technician, front end, Carlsbad, CA, hiring immediately, #RPO, Flint, Michicgan, MI, sign on