2nd & 3rd Shift include shift premium
Goodman Manufacturing, a member of Daikin Industries is seeking a professional, skilled individual for our Forklift Operator position within the Manufacturing organization at our DTTP - Waller, TX location. The The Forklift Operator is responsible for receiving, transportation, delivery and handling of all material received and distributed throughout the warehouse and manufacturing areas. This will include all administrative actions associated with the proper maintenance of appropriate records, the proper receipt and verification of incoming and outgoing materials, the delivery of such goods to the proper storage location or point of usage, and the periodic verification of inventory levels. Follow all Company rules, policies, procedures and requirements especially for safety, quality, delivery and productivity/cost. If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website at http://careers.daikincomfort.com and submit your resume.
Daikin Texas Technology Park- has a footprint of 4.23 million square feet under a single roof, and is the third largest factory in the United States. Opened in 2017 as the manufacturing, logistics, and engineering center for Daikin's American subsidiary Goodman, the plant makes heating and air conditioning products sold under the Goodman, Amana, and Daikin brands.
Why work with us?
- Benefits are effective on day one for all full-time direct hires
- Training programs are available to help guide team members and develop new skills
- Growth Opportunities - there is immense opportunities to grow your career
- You will be part of a Global Company - our family brands are backed by Daikin Industries, Ltd.â€”an organization that brings opportunity to over 60,000 employees worldwide. Subsidiaries included are Daikin North America, Daikin Comfort, Goodman, Quietflex, Motili and TMI.
May include, in addition to:
- Process factory transfers within the warehouse and manufacturing areas.
- Operate industrial forklifts to load and unload materials and deliveries and move them to and from storage areas, machines and loading docks
- Transport goods packed on pallets or in crates to designated areas safely
- Ensure material is transported to correct locations
- Ensure loads are secure at all times
- Control damage and inventory.
- Utilize the PKMS through RF scanning
- Complete LTL and Will Calls.
- Complete all required paperwork and turned it all in at the end of each shift.
- Complete a daily Pre & Post shift daily equipment/truck inspections.
- Alert manager/supervisor/lead immediately of any concerns, damage, safety and equipment matters in order to respond quickly to resolve.
- Attend and participate in daily safety meetings.
- Proper PPE and uniform must be worn at all times during each shift
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner
- Follow instruction for operating equipment and keeping records
The forklift operator will need to successfully complete the internal training program providedQualifications:
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to operate the forklift safely and work in a fast-paced warehouse/manufacturing environment
- Must be able to handle material in a safe and efficient manner
- Must have adequate forklift skills & be able to learn PKMS.
- WMS experience helpful but not required.
- High degree of attention to surroundings required to prevent injury to others / equipment and ensure on-time movement of machines and materials without causing damage.
- Ability to successfully process (ex: Basic Loading and Unloading) factory transfers
- Ability to use WMS and scanning equipment
- Basic Computer skills.
- Be able to multi-task and pay attention to details
- Good English communication skills, ability to read and write in English
- Be dependable, work well in a team environment and promote safe work environment.
- Ability to work productively with minimal supervision while meeting expectations including safety, quality and on-time requirements.
- 1 â€“ 2 years of experience operating a forklift
- Experience working in a large scale manufacturing / warehouse environment is preferred
- High School diploma or GED
- 40 hours forklift in-house training and certification required by Training instructor
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations. High voloume manufacturing environment. May have higher volume in areas â€“ hearing protection required.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a personâ€™s race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities.